- CAN Transceivers
- CAN External Controllers
- CAN 2.0 MCUs
- CAN-FD MCUs
- CAN and CAN FD Functional Safety
- 32-bit MCUs with CAN Quick Selector Guide
Microcontrollers with Integrated CAN
8-bit PIC® and AVR® MCUs
Microchip’s 8-bit PIC® and AVR® MCUs with integrated CAN combines the industry’s lowest power consumption, robust operation and cost-effectiveness, making them ideal for many of today’s automotive, industrial, and battery powered medical applications. These highly integrated 8-bit MCUs reduce cost while enabling the most common tasks and functions needed in these markets. Features include on-chip 12-bit ADC for advanced sensors, up to 5.5V for robust operation, and the ability to enable capacitive touch sensing user interfaces, just to name a few.
16-bit PIC24 MCUs and dsPIC33 DSCs
Microchip's 16-bit, PIC24 Microcontrollers and dsPIC33 Digital Signal Controllers with integrated CAN deliver more performance with flexible peripherals that are ideally suited for automotive and industrial applications. With specialized peripherals for motor control, digital power conversion, and range of connectivity modules, the 16-bit family offers a good balance between low cost, high integration and high performance. The 16-bit family includes several Functional Safety features to help increase the reliability and robustness of the applications.
32-bit PIC32 and SAM MCUs
Microchip's 32-bit portfolio, with the PIC32® and SAM MCUs, offer high performance microcontrollers with CAN2.0B functionality and a wide range of peripherals to fit both Automotive and Industrial applications. With MPLAB® Harmony software framework, MPLAB Advanced Software Framework (ASF) and low cost development tools, 32-bit MCUs shorten your time to market and allow your designs to scale.
Microchip's 32-bit MCU family offers performance up to 330 DMIPS, Flash up to 2MB, and SRAM up to 512KB. The connectivity peripherals include Ethernet, HS USB, USART/UART, SPI, I2C, SDIO/SD/eMCC, SQI/QSPI, and an External Bus Interface. The PIC32 and SAM MCUs offer high level of integration and scalability for complete solutions.
- Up to 16 MIPS performance
- Industry leading low power performance with currents down to under 20 nA sleep and 32MHz/uA active
- Up to 70 MIPS performance
- dsPIC33 with a true DSP engine
- Ideal for real-time control with deterministic response
- Up to 330 DMIPS
- Integrated L1 Cache and FPU
Peripheral: The Right Mix of Integration8-bit
- CAN 2.0B module
- Up to eleven 12-bit ADC channels
- LIN, UARTs, SPI, I2C
- Up to two CAN 2.0B modules
- Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs) ideal for Motor Control and Digital Power Control
- Connectivity including LIN, SENT, USB-OTG and wired communication
- Dual CAN 2.0B
- USARTS, USB, 10/100 Ethernet, etc.
Wide Range of Options8-bit
- PIC® and AVR® MCUs
- Flexible package options
- 28-144 pin, small form-factor packages
- 32 KB – 512 KB ECC Flash options
- 50 DMIPS to 330 DMIPS
- 64 KB-2 MB Flash/16 KB-512 KB SRAM
Performs Under Extreme Conditions8-bit
- Industry-leading Robustness
- Supports 3.3V and 5V operations
- Extended (125°C) and High-temperature (150°C) operations
- AEC-Q100 Grade 0 Qualification
- AEC-Q100 Grade 1 Qualification
- -40C to 125C
CAN Driver and Software Libraries
With easy-to-use development boards, application notes, drivers and software libraries, Microchip provides a total CAN solution that enables low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for your high-performance, embedded design.
AUTOSAR and MCAL CAN Drivers
MCAL CAN drivers are available on request for Automotive Applications.