- SAM 32-bit MCUs
- PIC 32-bit MCUs
- CEC 32-bit MCUs
- Legacy Products
- Development Boards
- Software Tools for PIC, SAM and AVR MCUs
Applications, Reference Designs and Solutions
- Audio Player/Recorder
- Bluetooth® Low Energy-Based Weather Station
- Die Cutting Machine
- Fitness Tracker/Wearable Solution
- Graphical User Interface
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) for Diagnostic Tool
- Location-Tagged SOS, Asset Tracking or Vehicle Tracking
- Motor Control
- Robotic Vacuum
- SD Card Audio Player
- Smart Home Lock
- TCP/IP Networking
- USB Device/Host Applications with 32-bit Microcontrollers
- USB Mass Storage Device with Multiple Drives
- Wi-Fi® Remote Control for Lighting or Appliances
- 32-bit Embedded Security
- 32-bit Functional Safety
- 32-bit Motor Control
- 32-bit Low Power
- Other Tools and Resources
- Third Party Partners
- PIC18F to PIC24F to SAMD2x Migration and Performance Enhancement Guide
SAM 4N MCUs
Converging Performance and Simplicity based on ARM® Cortex® M4 MCUs
SAM4N series comprises the entry point into our portfolio of Flash microcontrollers based on the ARM® Cortex®-M4 core. These microcontrollers feature a 100MHz operating frequency and offer up to 1MB of Flash, multiple serial communication peripherals and analog capability. This combination of features—plus low power consumption—makes the Microchip SAM4N series ideal for a wide range of applications in industrial automation, consumer and appliance, and energy metering markets.
The Microchip SAM4N series offers pin-to-pin compatibility with Microchip SAM4S, SAM3S, SAM3N and SAM7S devices, facilitating easy migration within the portfolio.
- High level of integration — Microchip SAM4N microcontrollers offer fast serial communication with seven UARTs, four SPIs and three I2Cs™. Additional features include 12-bit ADC, 10-bit DAC, integrated voltage reference, multiple timers, PWM and more.
- Low power consumption — With its low-power architecture, the Microchip SAM4N achieves power consumption levels down to 170µA/MHz in active mode; down to 20µA in sleep mode with full RAM retention and wake-up time down to 10µs; down to 1µA in backup mode with the RTC running.
- Ease of use — The ecosystem of software tools and support for Microchip Studio 6 integrated development platform enables an efficient design process and reduces time to market.