Design Check Online Design Review Services
Microchip’s Design Check Online Review is an exclusive and personalized value-added service that is available at no charge to customers who have selected our car access, EqcoLogic, Ethernet, MOST®, INICnet™ technology, USB, capacitive sensing, microprocessor (MPU), wireless and power management devices for their applications. Design Check supports your design flow by providing guidance through the complete cycle, from initial schematic capture to PCB layout. You can submit your design schematic, PCB layout and PCB routing information to a confidential and secure environment, where they are analyzed by Microchip engineers who will then provide you with personalized feedback.
We Offer These Specific Design Check Services:
When you use any of our USB hubs, PHYs, card reader bridges, and USB Type-C®/Power Delivery controllers (see the full list of these products on the USB Products page) in your design, our engineers will review and provide guidance on those components within your schematic and PCB layout.
Instructions for Submitting a Design Check Request
Follow these steps to file a support ticket to use the Design Check Review Services:
- Navigate to the Microchip Support system at http://www.microchip.com/support.
- If you have an account, please login. If you do not have an account, please register for a myMicrochip account.
- Click on the “My Cases” menu item and then click the “New Case” button.
- Select “Value Added Service” as the Case Reason and then click the “Next” button.
- In the Subject box, enter a summary of your issue.
- In the Target Device box, start typing the device you wish to have checked. A listing will appear. Please select your device from this list and click “Next”.
- Select “Design Review” as the Category and then use the drop-down menu under Sub-Category to select the specific Design Check service you wish to use. Click the “Next” button.
- Please review the requirements noted in the information box on the right side of the form and then enter the details of your request in the Issue Description box. Click the “Next” button.
- Indicate your design stage and urgency using the drop-down menus. You may include additional details if you like. Click “Submit” and your support request ticket is logged.
- You will be contacted shortly regarding your request.
Do You Need To Save Development Time?
While our regular Design Check service is free, it can take up to 12–15 days for you to receive the first feedback on your design. Available for just $100 per case, our FAST TRACK Design Check ensures that your case will be assigned more quickly to a dedicated Design Check engineer, who will typically provide you with feedback within 3–5 working days. This service is currently only available for our LANCheck review service and only for customers located in the Americas.