- SAM 32-bit MCUs
- PIC 32-bit MCUs
- CEC 32-bit MCUs
- Legacy Products
- Development Boards
- Software Tools for PIC MCUs
- Security Solutions with 32-bit Microcontrollers
- Software Tools for AVR and SAM MCUs
- Other Tools and Resources
- Third Party Partners
- Harmony Install
Security Solutions with 32-bit Microcontrollers
With the rapid adoption of connected nodes, cloud-based infrastructure and the increasing frequency of security threats, security in embedded systems is a necessity. When it comes to security, customers have needs that scale depending on the types of security needed, cost of implementation, level of risk tolerance and ease of development. To meet these needs, Microchip’s 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) have some of the most comprehensive and scalable security solutions in the market. These solutions include a comprehensive ecosystem with hardware, software, tools and functions which make effective protection for embedded applications simple to implement.
32-bit MCU Security Ecosystem
Security begins with hardware. Our 32-bit MCU security portfolio has integrated hardware-based security features. Hardware-based security is faster, has higher performance and is more secure than software-only solutions.
- Diverse security features and functions can be combined to meet your application’s unique security needs
- Industry’s first low-power MCU with Arm® Trustzone® for secured partitioning
- MCUs can also be hardened with the addition of a secure element
Save time by starting your design process with our award-winning development ecosystems for 32-bit MCU’s, MPLAB® Harmony and Atmel START. We also provide comprehensive cryptographic/security software support across development platforms.
- Flexible, modular and robust embedded development environment with extensive software support
- Support for cryptographic algorithms, TLS /Wi-Fi® stack fully integrated with hardware and demos for rapid prototyping
Security measures can be further reinforced with third-party security software. We’ve worked with several third parties to provide easy-to-use security development options.
- Arm TrustZone enablement software abstracts away complex security implementation and provides a simple smart user interface to securing embedded applications
- Software supports secure key provisioning and life cycle management
- Application Programing Interface (API) for common use cases like IP protection, cloud onboarding and anti-cloning
Our microcontrollers provide a variety of security functions that can be customized to meet a wide range of protection needs.
Symmetric-key algorithms are algorithms for cryptography that use the same cryptographic keys for both encryption of plaintext and decryption of ciphertext.
Featured 32-bit MCUs for Security
Industry-leading security in its performance class
- Industry’s first Arm® Cortex®-M23 with robust chip-level security features and Arm TrustZone
- Integrated hardware-based security in a small MCU
- Comprehensive security software and support framework
- Supports a host of security functions including secure boot, secure firmware upgrade, hardware isolation, secure IO, IP protection, tamper protection, key provisioning solutions and key protection
- Industry-leading low-power performance
Mid-performance MCU with highly-integrated security
- Arm Cortex-M4F with asymmetric and symmetric crypto accelerators
- Public Key Cryptographic Controller (PUKCC) supporting RSA/ECC algorithms
- Secure bootloader support
- Integrity check monitors supporting Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA)
- Excellent connectivity options including Ethernet and CAN-FD
CEC1302 and CEC1702
Enable secure boot and updates of system firmware, providing an immutable identity and a root of trust
- Easy-to-use authentication, private key and customer programming flexibility to minimize customer risk
- Securely boot your system firmware
- Reduce compute time with the robust hardware cryptographic cipher suite
- Programming flexibility to minimize customer design risk
- Easy-to-use encryption, authentication, private and public key capabilities