- SAM 32-bit MCUs
- PIC 32-bit MCUs
- CEC 32-bit MCUs
- Legacy Products
- Development Boards
- 32-bit Embedded Security Solutions
- Other Tools and Resources
- Third Party Partners
- Community Forums
32-bit Embedded Security Solutions
With the rapid adoption of connected nodes and cloud-based infrastructures, the frequency of security threats is always increasing. Securing your embedded system is a necessity, but the solution you select will depend on the type of security you need, the cost of implementation, the level of risk tolerance and the ease of development. Our 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) offer some of the most comprehensive and scalable security options available in the market today. They are supported by a comprehensive ecosystem of hardware, software, tools and functions to make it easy to implement effective protection for your embedded application.
32-bit MCU Security Ecosystem
Security begins with hardware. Our 32-bit MCU security portfolio has integrated hardware-based security features. Hardware-based security is faster, has higher performance and is more secure than software-only solutions.
- Diverse security features and functions can be combined to meet your application’s unique security needs
- Industry’s first low-power MCU with Arm® Trustzone® for secured partitioning
- MCUs can also be hardened with the addition of a secure element
Tools and Software
Save time by starting your design process with our award-winning development ecosystems for 32-bit MCUs, MPLAB® Harmony and Atmel START. We also provide comprehensive cryptographic/security software support across development platforms.
- Flexible, modular and robust embedded development environment with extensive software support
- Support for cryptographic algorithms, TLS/Wi-Fi® stack fully integrated with hardware and demos for rapid prototyping
Security measures can be further reinforced with third-party security software. We’ve worked with several third parties to provide easy-to-use security development options.
- Arm TrustZone enablement software abstracts away complex security implementation and provides a simple smart user interface to securing embedded applications
- Software supports secure key provisioning and life cycle management
- Application Programing Interface (API) for common use cases like IP protection, cloud onboarding and anti-cloning
Our microcontrollers provide a variety of security functions that can be customized to meet a wide range of protection needs.
Symmetric-key algorithms are algorithms for cryptography that use the same cryptographic keys for both encryption of plaintext and decryption of ciphertext.
Featured 32-bit MCUs for Security
SAM L11/SAM L11-KPH
Industry-leading security in its performance class
- Industry’s first Arm Cortex®-M23 based MCU with robust chip-level security features and Arm TrustZone technology
- Integrated hardware-based security in a small MCU
- Comprehensive security software and support framework
- Supports a host of security functions including secure boot, secure firmware upgrade, hardware isolation, secure IO, IP protection, tamper protection, key provisioning solutions and key protection
- SAM L11-KPH includes a factory-provisioned unique root of trust (key) and Kinibi-M™ Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) to provide an immutable identity for secure application development
- Industry-leading low-power performance
Mid-performance MCU with highly-integrated security
- Arm Cortex-M4F-based with asymmetric and symmetric crypto accelerators
- Public Key Cryptographic Controller (PUKCC) supporting RSA/ECC algorithms
- Secure bootloader support
- Integrity check monitors supporting Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA)
- Excellent connectivity options including Ethernet and CAN-FD
CEC1302 and CEC1702
Enable secure boot and updates of system firmware, providing an immutable identity and a root of trust
- Easy-to-use authentication, private key and customer programming flexibility to minimize customer risk
- Securely boot your system firmware
- Reduce compute time with the robust hardware cryptographic cipher suite
- Programming flexibility to minimize customer design risk
- Easy-to-use encryption, authentication, private and public key capabilities