- Wi-Fi Standalone
- Wi-Fi Network Controller
- Wi-Fi Link Controller
- Wi-Fi RF Front-End Components
- Get Started with Wi-Fi for Linux
- Get Started with Wi-Fi for MCUs
- Wi-Fi Smart Devices
- Wi-Fi Interoperability
- PIC32MZ-W1 Wi-Fi® SoC and Module Family
- PIC32MZ-W1 Trust&GO Wi-Fi® Module
- Low Power Wide Area Networks
- Embedded Wireless
- Design Partners
- 3rd Party Module Partners
- RED Frequently Asked Questions
- Over-the-Air Updates
- Zigbee® Solutions
- Software Vulnerability Response
- Embedded Wi-Fi
For Reliable, Low-Power Sensor Networks
Created to support low-cost, low-power networks, our Zigbee products are deployed in a wide variety of wireless sensor network applications. For example, they can be found in battery-free energy-harvesting wireless light switches, in alarm sensors that require several years of battery life and in high-performance mesh utility networks supporting smart meters and street lighting.
As a Zigbee Alliance member, Microchip is a leading provider of Zigbee solutions. Our Zigbee software stack is one of the most proven in the industry and is maintained to comply with the latest Zigbee specification. We have also achieved Zigbee 3.0 Green Power Golden Unit certification, and our FCC-certified modules and reference designs speed up your development and ensure that your product is both fully interoperable and reliable.
Choose from These Flexible Development Options
Zigbee Microcontrollers (MCUs)
MCU + Radio in a Single Package
- 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0+ based MCU with integrated 2.4 GHz ISM band transceiver
- Idle and standby sleep modes for ultra-low power
- Small form factor for compact designs
Zigbee® Compliant Platform
Zigbee (Zigbee PRO 2015 Feature Set and Green Power) is the latest standard release by the Zigbee Alliance. Our BitCloud® Software Development Kit (SDK) is a full-featured, production-grade embedded software development platform that provides a framework with reference applications and libraries for creating Zigbee-compliant products. It can be coupled with the SAM R21 Xplained Pro Evaluation Kit to provide a complete platform that allows you to quickly design products meeting the latest Zigbee Alliance requirements.
In addition to offering full support for Zigbee PRO, Green Power, Base Device Behavior (BDB) and Zigbee Lighting and Occupancy (ZLO), the SDK also provides several Zigbee application device types for home automation, lighting and control. This platform, which is optimized for ultra-low power consumption, makes it easy for you to create scalable and secure wireless solutions that support large mesh networks of hundreds of devices.
- Flexible, easy to use and fully compliant Zigbee-certified platform
- Ultimate data reliability with true mesh routing
- Large network support for hundreds of devices
- Optimized for ultra-low power consumption
- Reference applications implementing
- Zigbee Lighting and Occupancy (ZLO)
- Zigbee Green Power (ZGP)
- Base Device Behavior (BDB)
- Z3Device demo of Zigbee interoperable devices
- ZGPSensor demo of ZGP sensor device
- Easy-to-use C API
- Source code for BitCloud SDK components includes:
- Hardware abstraction layer
- Board support package
- System task manager
Low-Cost Embedded Wireless Connectivity for Commercial and Smart Home Networks
Our MiWi wireless networking protocol is a lightweight proprietary mesh networking solution for Sub-GHz as well as 2.4 GHz applications.
Our SmartConnect 6LoWPAN protocol stack provides a complete solution for wireless IP-mesh connectivity over 802.15.4 links in 2.4 GHz and Sub-GHz frequency bands. It has native support for a number of common IP-based protocols that integrated with backend and Internet cloud services to significantly simplify your application development. The protocol stack and a wide selection of application examples are available in Atmel Studio as part of the Atmel Software Framework (ASF) extension. To access them select "File > New > Example Projects" in Atmel Studio and then search for "6LoWPAN".
- 2.4 GHz and sub-GHz platform support
- IPv6/IPv4 mesh connectivity over 802.15.4 links
- UDP/TCP transport protocols
- MQTT/CoAP/HTTP/Websockets application protocols
- Firmware Over-the-Air (OTA) pdate support
- Native integration with Atmel Cloud partners
IEEE® 802.15.4 MAC
The IEEE 802.15.4 MAC software stack provides basic data transport, API, point-to-point, and star network (single-hop transmission) functionality for a variety of our 802.15.4 wireless platforms. If your application requires support for point-to-point networks, wire replacement, generic and/or proprietary remote controls, industrial applications or other point-to-multipoint simple star networks then consider using the IEEE 802.15.4 MAC software stack for your next application. The protocol stack and a wide selection of application examples are available in Atmel Studio as part of the Atmel Software Framework (ASF) extension. To access them select "File > New > Example Projects" in Atmel Studio and then search for "MAC".
Part Number: ATSAMR21-XPRO
The SAM R21 Xplained Pro Evaluation Kit is a hardware platform to evaluate the ATSAMR21G18A microcontroller. Supported by Atmel Studio Integrated Development Platform (IDP), the kit provides easy access to the features of the ATSAMR21G18A and explains how to integrate the device in a custom design.