- Battery Management
- Hot Swap Controllers
- Power Check Design Service
- Power Switches
- Power Modules
- Voltage Supervisor & References
- DC-DC Controllers
DC-DC Converters & Voltage Regulators
- Linear Regulators LDO
- Buck Regulators
- Boost Regulators
- Step Up (Boost) - Synchronous Products
- Step Up (Boost) - Low IQ Products
- Step Up (Boost) - Non-Synchronous
- Complete Step Down Regulators
- Step Down upto 6V
- Step Down up to 36V
- Step Down upto 75V
- Multi-Output Regulators
- Inductorless Offline Switching Regulators
- Multi Channel (PMIC)
- Charge Pumps
- DDR Termination Regulator
- MOSFET Drivers & MOSFETs
- PMIC - Power Management ICs
LDO Linear Voltage Regulators
Choosing the right LDO linear voltage regulator is critically important. Power management is vital in a world driven by smaller devices reliant upon batteries that require efficient power consumption and precision.Microchip's linear low dropout LDO regulators feature ultra-low quiescent current, ultra-low dropout voltage, ultra-high ripple rejection, very accurate output, fast transient response, wide selection of packages and wide input voltage range.
LDO Linear Voltage Regulator Products
LDO controller includes all the control functions required in the design of low dropout linear regulator (LDO).
SIM card level shifter integrates three high-speed level shifters for SIM card signal translation and an LDO to power the SIM card.
Featured LDO Product
A small LDO with immense functionality. The MIC5306 provides ultra-fast transient response and high PSRR while operating with an ultra-low quiescent current.
- 16µA Operating Current
- High Output Accuracy of ±1%
- Low 45mV dropout at 100mA
- Input voltage ranging from 2.25V to 5.5V
Linear Low Dropout Regulators (LDO) are a simple solution for regulating a higher voltage to a lower voltage through an integrated circuit without the use of an inductor. LDOs span a wide spectrum of specialized uses and can be widely implemented in today’s electronics because of their simplicity and low cost.
Today, as battery operated devices drive nearly every aspect of everyday life, LDOs prove to be an effective tool in achieving low power consumption and high power efficiency. Many other types of regulators exist on the market but, in many cases, linear dropout regulators prove to be the most cost-effective solution to modern power regulation. The lack of a large and expensive inductor allows LDOs to achieve a much smaller footprint and higher overall value when considered from a cost/benefit perspective. LDOs are a straightforward and cost-effective solution to linear power regulation.
With such a large variety of LDOs available in today’s market it could become difficult to identify the optimal LDO for customer applications. Here are four important characteristics to consider before selecting an LDO:
Power Supply Rejection Ratio (PSRR): In the process of dropping input voltage to output voltage, various unwanted frequencies could find their way into the integrated circuit. The power supply rejection ratio of a linear regulator is the measurement of how well the integrated circuit filters/rejects out extraneous noise in the input voltage signal before voltage is outputted. High PSRR typically correlates to a more consistent output accuracy.
Low Quiescent Current: Also known as IQ, quiescent current is the current that is drawn from an integrated circuited while it is in a quiescent (no-load, non-switching) state. IQ can be understood as the minimal amount of current needed to power the basic functionalities of a device. The lower the rated quiescent current of a linear regulator, the more power efficient the linear regulator is in a no-load state.
- Output currents range from 10 mA to 7.5A with multiple outputs
- Wide selection of packages from 1x1 mm DFN packages to TO-263
- Ultra-low dropout voltage of 40 mV at full load
- Ultra-high ripple rejection ratio of 90 dB+
- Very accurate output of 0.4% typical
- Ultra-low quiescent current of 20 nA typical
- Wide input voltage up to 120V
Power Check Design Service
- Accelerate and optimize hardware designs by obtaining insightful guidance and implementing best practices
- Get recommendations from our applications experts on your hardware designs that use Microchip power management devices
- Seamlessly upload your design files and track progress