- Application Notes
- Analog DC-DC Converters and Voltage Regulators
- Digitally Enhanced Power Analog Controllers
- Digital Power Design Suite
- Core Independent Peripheral Hybrid Power Controllers
- Silicon Carbide Devices and Power Modules
- Full Digital Power
Qi® Wireless Charging LED Lantern Reference Design
Our Qi® wireless charging LED lantern is a lighting solution that is able to draw up to 5W from a base station and charge a Li-Ion battery wirelessly at 1A. Adding wireless charging capabilities to a portable lighting solution enables the device to be sealed to create a waterproof or weather-resistant product.
A bi-directional synchronous buck converter is used for charging the battery. The same converter can boost the battery voltage to drive a dimmable string of three LEDs at 200 mA. A single 8-bit microcontroller (MCU) manages the Qi communication, battery charging and driving the LEDs, simplifying the design and reducing the cost.
- Able to draw up to 5W from a base station
- Charges a Li-Ion battery at 1A
- Uses a bi-directional synchronous buck converter