- Application Notes
- Analog DC-DC Converters and Voltage Regulators
- Digitally Enhanced Power Analog Controllers
- Digital Power Design Suite
- Core Independent Peripheral Hybrid Power Controllers
- Silicon Carbide Devices and Power Modules
- Full Digital Power
Qi® Wireless 15W Receiver Reference Design
This advanced wireless receiver is compatible with Qi® 1.2 base stations and is able to draw up to 15W of power that can be used to run portable devices or charge batteries. Our reference design allows you to quickly incorporate this receiver into your designs without dealing with the Qi protocol state machine and communication.
This implementation consists of a wireless receiver and a synchronous buck converter used to charge batteries. A low-cost, general-purpose 8-bit microcontroller (MCU) handles the Qi state machine, communication to and from the base station and the Li-Ion battery charging state machine, and also regulates the buck converter output voltage and input current. The Qi 1.2 wireless receiver is backwards compatible with Qi 1.1 5W base stations and should be able to detect their capabilities.
Key Features of this Reference Design:
- Compatible with Qi 1.2 (15W) standard targeting portable devices or battery charging
- Implemented with a wireless receiver and a synchronous buck converter used to charge batteries
- ASK/FSK protocol used for communication with base transmitter
- Medium power profile enables devices to sink up to 15W of power and tripling (3×) of the charging current
- Can be extended to higher-powered devices such as home or semi-professional power tools and devices with larger batteries