- Microcontrollers and Microprocessors
- Analog Products
- CAN and CAN FD
- INICnet™ Technology
- MOST® Technology
- Automotive Connectivity Training
- Automotive Touch
- Car Access
- Memory Products
- High Temperature Products
- Timing Solutions
- Automotive Security
- Automotive Applications
- Functional Safety
- Recommended for Automotive
- Automotive Products
Automotive Microcontrollers and Microprocessors
The breadth of our portfolio of automotive-grade microcontrollers (MCUs) and microprocessors (MPUs) is unmatched in the industry. Our AEC-Q100-qualified 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit MCUs, Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs) and MPUs can be found in embedded control systems throughout the entire vehicle. These devices offer robust functional safety features to aid in the development of safety-critical applications, while our AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualified devices simplify the creation of high-temperature (150oC) underhood applications.
To help you get your designs up and running quickly, we provide an MCAL driver software, developed in accordance with Automotive SPICE® to enable AUTOSAR compliance, along with a complete ecosystem of software libraries, reference designs, development and configuration tools.
Find the Right Solution for Your Automotive Design
We are a leading supplier of 8-bit MCUs to the automotive industry. Our PIC® and AVR® MCUs offer flexible package options ranging from 6 to 80 pins and program Flash sizes up to 128 KB. These MCUs can be used in an array of automotive applications such as sensor interface and control, capacitive touch, interior and exterior LED lighting, and LIN and CAN communication.
- Core independent peripherals (CIPs) that operate without constant CPU interaction
- Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC) for creating cost-effective, low-power touch designs
- Intelligent analog peripherals for sensor interfacing and signal conditioning
- Support for communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, USB and UART
16-bit MCUs and DSCs
With dedicated peripherals for motor control and digital power conversion, our 16-bit MCUs and DSCs are ideal for all types of powertrain applications, whether in internal combustion engines or in electric and hybrid-electric vehicles. Harsh underhood environments pose no problem for our AEC Q100 Grade 0 qualified MCUs and DSCs, enabling motor control and actuator applications such as oil and water pumps, turbo wastegates and EGR valves.
- DSP engine boosts DSC performance for higher throughput
- Motor control peripherals such as 16-channel Pulse-Width Modulator (PWM), Quadrature Encoder Interface (QEI) and precision Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs) and Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs)
- Digital power peripherals such as 250 ps PWMs and high-speed ADCs and DACs
- Support for communication protocols such as CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, USB and SENT
With devices offering a variety of 32-bit processor cores, including the Arm® Cortex®-M0, -M4 and -M7 cores and the MIPS32® microAptiv™ core, we offer a broad suite of solutions for automotive embedded control systems designers. Our 32-bit MCU offerings cover a wide range of applications, including infotainment, instrument clusters, Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) and Heads-Up Displays (HUDs).
- Operating voltages that range up to 5.5V for more robustness
- Up to 1500 CoreMarks® coupled with unprecedented DSP performance
- Highly integrated connectivity including CAN,CAN-FD, Hi-Speed USB and Ethernet-AVB
- Hardware cryptography, encryption, TRNG, SHA-256 and AES-256 engines
Infotainment, Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and telematics applications can benefit from our automotive-qualified MPUs. These devices are excellent options for applications that require more computing power, higher clock speeds, larger amounts of memory or more advanced cybersecurity features.
- Core speeds up to 600 MHz
- Support for multiple memories such as DDR2/3L, LPDDR2, QSPI and e.MMC Flash
- Connectivity options include up to 13 FLEXCOMs, LIN, dual 10/100 Ethernet, CAN and Hi-Speed USB
- Advanced security features such as encryption engines, tamper pins and secure key storage