- SAM 32-bit MCUs
- PIC 32-bit MCUs
- CEC 32-bit MCUs
- Legacy Products
- Development Boards
- Software Tools for PIC, SAM and AVR MCUs
Applications, Reference Designs and Solutions
- Audio Player/Recorder
- Bluetooth® Low Energy-Based Weather Station
- Die Cutting Machine
- Fitness Tracker/Wearable Solution
- Graphical User Interface
- HMI Display for Diagnostic Tools
- Location-Tagged SOS, Asset Tracking or Vehicle Tracking
- Motor Control
- Robotic Vacuum
- SD Card Audio Player
- Smart Home Lock
- TCP/IP Networking
- USB Device/Host Applications with 32-bit Microcontrollers
- USB Mass Storage Device with Multiple Drives
- Wi-Fi® Remote Control for Lighting or Appliances
- 32-bit Embedded Security
- 32-bit Functional Safety
- 32-bit Motor Control
- 32-bit Low Power
- Other Tools and Resources
- Third Party Partners
- PIC18F to PIC24F to SAMD2x Migration and Performance Enhancement Guide
SAM S MCUs
Scalable performance, memory density and power efficiency based on
ARM® Cortex® M7 Microcontrollers
SAM S series of general-purpose Flash microcontrollers (MCUs) are based on the high-performance 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M7 RISC processors with floating point unit (FPU). They operate at a maximum speed of 300MHz and feature up to 2048 KB of Flash, dual 16 KB of cache memory and up to 384 KB of SRAM with Tightly Coupled Memory Options. The SAM S series offers an extensive peripheral set, including High Speed USB Host and Device plus phy, up to 8 UARTs, I2S, SD/MMC interface, a CMOS camera interface, system control and analog interfaces.
- High performance — 1500 CoreMark score on the ARM Cortex-M7 core-based MCU running at 300MHz.
- Connectivity — CMOS Camera interface, SD/MMC, I2S, High Speed USB device and a full range of serial communication peripherals.
- Analog — 12-bit ADCs of up to 24 channels with analog front-end, offering offset error correction and gain control, as well as hardware averaging up to 16-bit resolution. Also includes 2-channel, 2Msps, 12-bit DAC.
- Design support — Reduce development time and cost with Atmel Studio integrated development platform, which includes Advanced Software Framework (ASF), a complete library of source code, project examples, drivers and stacks.
SAM S70 series of general purpose Flash microcontrollers is based on the high-performance 32-bit ARM Cortex-M7 RISC processor with dual precision floating point unit (FPU). It operates at a maximum speed of 300MHz and features up to 2048 kB of Flash, 2x 16KB of cache memory and up to 384 KB of SRAM. A QSPI, static memory and SDRAM interface offer further memory extension options.
The SAM S70 series offers a rich set of peripherals, including high Speed USB Host and Device with on-chip high-speed PHY, CMOS Camera Interface, one SD/MMC interface, one SSC supporting TDM and I2S, 8 UARTs, 5 SPI and 3 I2C™.
- ARM Cortex-M7 core running at 300 MHz
- Floating point unit (FPU) for high-precision computing and accelerated data processing
- High-performance internal memory architecture with user configurable Tightly Couples Memories and System memory, and 16kB I and D-cache
- High Speed USB Host and Device with on-chip high-speed PHY
- CMOS image sensor interface
- AES hardware encryption engines, TRNG and SHA-based memory integrity checker
- Advanced analog front end based on dual 2Msps 12-bit ADCs, including 16-bit average, up to 24 channels, offset error correction and gain control
- Dual 2Msps, 12-bit DAC and analog comparator
- 64 to 144-pin package options
- Extended industrial temperature range: -40°C to 105°C