- PIC24F MCUs – 16 MIPS
- dsPIC33C DSCs - 100 MIPS
- dsPIC33E DSCs - 70 MIPS
- Peripheral Quick Reference Guide
- 16-bit Technical Forums
- Functional Safety
- MPLAB® Ecosystem and Software Tools
dsPIC33CK Single-Core Digital Signal Controllers
Real-Time Performance for Motor Control, Digital Power, Safety-Critical and High-Performance Embedded Applications
Our single-core dsPIC33CK Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs) accelerate Digital Signal Processor (DSP) performance for time-critical applications. This family offers fast deterministic performance to address real-world design requirements. Complementing our dual-core dsPIC33CH DSCs, the dsPIC33CK family offers a cost-effective single-core option with the same high-performance core and peripherals.
These high-performance DSCs feature a dsPIC33 ‘C’ core with DSP engine, expanded context-selected registers to reduce interrupt latency, new instructions to accelerate DSP performance, tightly coupled peripherals and faster execution to enable complex high-speed control loop implementation. The dsPIC33CK family maintains the simplicity of a microcontroller and provides a performance upgrade path for dsPIC33E and dsPIC33F DSC users. Download our Migration Guide for tips on migrating from the dsPIC33EP GS family to the dsPIC33CK family.
dsPIC33CK Family Selection Guide
|RAM (KB)||ADC||DAC||Comparators||Op Amps||MC PWMs||SMPS PWMs||CAN FD||Flash|
|dsPIC33CK256MP5/20x||28–80||32–256||24||3 × 12-bit|
|3 × 12-bit||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|dsPIC33CK64MP10x||28–48||32–64||8||3 × 12-bit|
|3 × 12-bit||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
With their high integration of specialized peripherals, the dsPIC33CK family is ideal for motor control, digital power conversion, safety-critical and high-performance embedded applications across industrial, medical, automotive and consumer markets.
Measurement Control and High-Performance Embedded
dsPIC33CK DSCs are ideal for implementing math-intensive functions such as DSP filtering of sensor inputs and offer the right mix of features to address many applications.
- 100 MIPS core to handle real-time operations and system functions
- Scalable memory from 32 KB to 256 KB Flash and available in small-form-factor 28- to 80-pin packages
- CAN FD interface for robust communication and increased bandwidth
- CodeGuard™ security to protect code and One-Time Programmable (OTP) Flash (ICSP™ programming capability)
- Range of serial communication peripherals including UARTs, LIN, SPI, I2C and SENT
Automotive: Electronic sensors
Medical: Diagnostic equipment, monitors
Internet of Things: Nodes and central processors
Implement high-efficiency, high-precision variable speed, constant torque, and Field Oriented Control (FOC) motor control applications with the dsPIC33CK and its DSP engine.
- Analog integration, including high-speed Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs), op amps and analog comparators, to reduce BOM cost and board space
- High-resolution Pulse-Width Modulators (PWMs) with up to 16 channels to enable dual-motor control and integrated Power Factor Correction (PFC)
- Ideal for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM), Interior Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motor (IPMSM), AC Induction Motor (ACIM) and Brushless DC (BLDC) motor control
For more design ideas and information, visit our Motor Control design center.
Automotive: Pumps, fans
Industrial: Drones, robotics
Digital Power Conversion
dsPIC33CK DSCs feature a DSP engine for high-speed control loop execution in demanding high-frequency power conversion applications.
- High-resolution 250 pS PWMs with the flexibility to control various power topologies
- Tightly coupled CPU, PWMs and ADCs to reduce latency and improve control loop response, leaving more CPU bandwidth for housekeeping and system functions
- Maximum analog integration including high-speed ADCs, Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) with programmable waveform generator, fast analog comparators and op amps
- Live update of firmware for high-availability systems that cannot afford down-time to update firmware
For more design ideas and information, visit our Intelligent Power design center.
Industrial: AC/DC and DC/DC power
Automotive: Converters, chargers, inverters
Consumer: Wireless power
Robust Designs and Functional Safety
Robust dsPIC33CK DSCs feature dedicated peripherals and functions to help increase reliability in safety-critical applications. They support operation in temperatures up to 150°C and are AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualified. Key features include:
- Memory integrity verification with Error Code Correction (ECC) and fault injection on Flash, Memory Built-in Self-Test (MBIST) on RAM
- Range of system monitoring features like dual Windowed Watchdog Timer (WWDT), Deadman Timer (DMT), Power-on Reset (POR), Brown-out Reset (BOR) and Fail-Safe Clock Monitor (FSCM) with backup oscillator
- Functional Safety collateral, including Safety Manual, Failure Modes, Effects, and Diagnostic Analysis (FMEDA) report, diagnostic libraries and TÜV SÜD-certified MPLAB® XC16 compiler
To learn more about how we’re enabling the design of functionally safe applications for automotive (ISO 26262), industrial (IEC 61508) and home appliance (IEC 60730) applications easier, use the link on the right to visit our Functional Safety page.
Learn more about our rich set of high-performance peripherals that integrate seamlessly with your application to reduce costs and development time.
High-Speed ADC, DAC,
PGA, Op Amps
Clocks and Timers
16-/32-bit Timers, RTCC
MC/SMPS, PWM, MCCP SCCP, IC/OC
CAN FD, UART,
SPI, I2C, LIN
Safety and Monitoring
CRC, ECC, DMT, WDT, SFRs
Featured Development Tools
MPLAB® Development Ecosystem and Software Tools
TThe MPLAB development ecosystem is a single tool chain supporting all PIC® microcontrollers and dsPIC® Digital Signal Controllers.
MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment
A single Integrated Development Environment (IDE) supporting all PIC MCUs and dsPIC33 DSCs
MPLAB Code Configurator
A free graphical programming environment that generates seamless, easy-to-understand C code
MPLAB XC Compiler
A comprehensive solution for your software development that integrates with MPLAB X IDE to provide a full graphical front end
Featured Hardware Tools
Our most popular hardware development boards available for dsPIC33 products are shown below. To learn more about various development boards, please visit the Hardware Development Tools page.
dsPIC33CK Curiosity Development Board
Cost-effective development and demonstration platform for dsPIC33CK DSCs
dsPIC33CK Low-Voltage Motor Control (LVMC) Development Board
Cost-effective rapid development platform for Brushless DC (BLDC), Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) and Internal Permanent Magnet (IPM) motor control applications
dsPIC33C Digital Power Starter Kit
Starter kit to introduce and demonstrate the capabilities and features of dsPIC33 Digital Power DSCs