- SAM 32-bit MCUs
- PIC 32-bit MCUs
- CEC 32-bit MCUs
- Legacy Products
- Development Boards
- Software Tools for PIC, SAM and AVR MCUs
Applications, Reference Designs and Solutions
- Audio Player/Recorder
- Bluetooth® Low Energy-Based Weather Station
- Die Cutting Machine
- Fitness Tracker/Wearable Solution
- Graphical User Interface
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) for Diagnostic Tool
- Location-Tagged SOS, Asset Tracking or Vehicle Tracking
- Motor Control
- Robotic Vacuum
- SD Card Audio Player
- Smart Home Lock
- TCP/IP Networking
- USB Device/Host Applications with 32-bit Microcontrollers
- USB Mass Storage Device with Multiple Drives
- Wi-Fi® Remote Control for Lighting or Appliances
- 32-bit Embedded Security
- 32-bit Functional Safety
- 32-bit Motor Control
- 32-bit Low Power
- Other Tools and Resources
- Third Party Partners
- PIC18F to PIC24F to SAMD2x Migration and Performance Enhancement Guide
PIC32C Product Family
Combines the Best Features and Capabilities of SAM and PIC32M MCUs
Take advantage of the opportunity to leverage the best features of our existing SAM and PIC32M MCUs in your next design. Powered by Arm® Cortex® core architectures, our PIC32C family of 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) delivers a unified and simplified development experience that includes powerful peripherals and advanced analog features.
These devices are supported by our MPLAB® development ecosystem, which includes MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE), the MPLAB XC32 Compiler and our free-to-use MPLAB Harmony embedded software development framework. MPLAB Harmony provides flexible and interoperable software modules and easy-to-use APIs to simplify the development of value-added features to differentiate your product. It works seamlessly with MPLAB X IDE and the MPLAB XC32 Compiler and allows for maximum code reuse to reduce your time to market. We also offer an extensive array of application resources and demo examples to further streamline your development and provide a comprehensive design solution.
Why Should You Try Out The PIC32C Family of MCUs?
If You Are Using Our Existing SAM MCUs
These devices offer you access to the best peripherals available in PIC32M devices, as well as the rich software libraries, middleware and application demos in MPLAB Harmony.
If You Are Familiar with Our PIC32M Devices
PIC32C MCUs let you use the familiar MPLAB development ecosystem while providing a seamless migration from MIPS® to Arm Cortex-M based products.
If your design has outgrown the capabilities of one of our 8- or 16-bit MCUs, the PIC32C family delivers easy scalability, enhanced performance and larger memory options while still allowing you to remain within the common MPLAB development ecosystem.
PIC32CM MC Family
Low-Cost 5V Device Family Ideal for Motor Control and Industrial Applications
PIC32CM MC devices combine the performance and energy efficiency of an Arm Cortex-M0+ based MCU with an optimized architecture and powerful peripherals. A cost-effective successor to our SAM C2x family, these truly differentiated 5V MCUs are ideal for motor control, home appliance, industrial control and other 5V applications. To accelerate your design cycle, we offer a complete ecosystem of development resources that includes evaluation boards and easy-to-use software with ready-to-use application examples developed in MPLAB Harmony.
- CPU clock speed up to 48 MHz
- Up to 128 KB embedded Flash and 16 KB SRAM
- Operating voltage of 2.7V–5.5V ensures best possible signal-to-noise ratio and robustness in term of noise immunity, EMC, ESD and latch up
- Dual 12-bit simultaneous sampling Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs)
- Positional Decoder (PDEC) for motor control
- Timer/Counter for Control (TCC) peripheral provides dedicated timers for industrial and motor control
- Flexible peripherals include four Serial Communication Modules (SERCOMs) that can be configured to act as an USART, UART, SPI, I2C, RS485 or LIN bus interface
- 12-channel Direct Memory Access (DMA) controller with Cyclic Redundancey Check (CRC) module
- Functional pin compatibility with current SAM C20 devices in 32- and 48-pin packages
PIC32CM MC00 Curiosity Pro Development Board
Part Number: EV15N46A
The PIC32CM MC00 Curiosity Pro Development Board is an inexpensive and easy-to-use solution for evaluating the PIC32CM MC devices. This full-featured evaluation board provides access to all GPIO pins on the MCU and comes with an on-board programmer/debugger interface.
PIC32CM MC Motor Control Plug-In Module
Part Number: EV94F66A
This plug-in module comes with a PIC32CM1216MC00048 MCU and can be used with these development boards:
|Algorithm||Description||Control Board||Inverter Board|
|pmsm_foc_rolo_ pic32cm_mc||Sensorless Field-Oriented Control of PMSM Using Reduced-Order Luenberger Observer||PIC32CM MC PIM (EV94F66A)||dsPICDEM™ MCLV-2 Support|
dsPICDEM MCHV-3 Support
|acim_vhz_pic32cm_mc||Open-Loop V/F Control of AC Induction Motor||PIC32CM MC PIM (EV94F66A)||dsPICDEM MCHV-3 Support|
|bldc_bc_hall_pic32cm_mc||Block Commutation-Based Control of BLDC Motor Using Hall Sensors||PIC32CM MC PIM (EV94F66A)||dsPICDEM MCLV-2 Support|
MPLAB® X Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is an expandable, highly configurable software program that incorporates powerful tools to help you discover, configure, develop, debug and qualify embedded designs for most of our microcontrollers and digital signal controllers. MPLAB X IDE works seamlessly with the MPLAB development ecosystem of software and tools, many of which are completely free.
MPLAB Harmony v3 Software Framework
MPLAB Harmony v3 is a fully integrated embedded software development framework for our 32-bit microcontrollers that provides flexible and interoperable software modules and easy-to-use APIs to simplify the development of value-added features to differentiate your product. It works seamlessly with MPLAB X IDE and the MPLAB XC32 Compiler and allows for maximum code reuse to reduce your time to market.