Status: In Production
The SAMA5D3 series is a high-performance, ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-A5 processor-based MPU. The Cortex-A5 runs up to 536MHz and features a 128KB L2 cache and a floating-point unit. It supports multiple memories, including DDR2 and LPDDR2. It integrates powerful peripherals for connectivity: Gigabit EMAC and/or 10/100 EMAC, 3 HS USB ports, up to 2 CAN ports, up to 3 SDIO/SD/MMC, up to 7 UARTs; and for user interface applications: TFT LCD controller, touch controller, and a CMOS sensor (camera) interface. These devices offer application security functions to protect against hacking such as a hardware encryption engine supporting AES, 3DES, as well as secure Hash Algorithm (SHA) and True Random Number Generator (TRNG) and a secure boot loader. These devices come with a free main-lined Linux distribution.
- Gigabit EMAC and 10/100 EMAC
- 0.8mm ball pitch package reduces PCB design complexity
- Simple power management scheme
- 4-layer PCB
- Ultra-low-power architecture for extensive battery life
- <200uA retention mode with fast wake-up
- 5uA in backup mode
- Hardware encryption engine
- Secure boot
- Free Linux® and Qt SD
- Complete set of C examples for non-OS users
- Low-Cost Development board
- Multiple third-party software and hardware partners
The SAMA5D3 Xplained is a fast prototyping and evaluation platform for microprocessor-based design. The board comes with a rich set of ready to use connectivity and storage peripherals and expansion headers for easy customization. A Linux distribution and software package gets you evaluating fast. A USB device connector can be used to power the board as well as programming and debugging it.
For pricing and availability, contact Microchip Local Sales.