Smart Storage Platform Portfolio: New Cost-Effective Entry Level Adaptec® SmartRAID 3100E RAID Adapters Join the Line-up
Enterprise server solution providers must deliver enterprise class solutions with the required performance, security and reliability in a cost-effective manner.
Today’s business applications require the use of information that continues to grow at an exponential rate. This trend requires enterprise server solution providers to deliver enterprise class solutions with the required performance, security and reliability in a cost-effective manner.
The new Adaptec® SmartRAID 3100E RAID adapters address these enterprise market segment requirements with the high performance, security and reliability customers expect from the Smart Storage Platform portfolio of products that have been deployed in over 30+ million servers, but now in a more cost-effective manner. These adapters offer the performance benefits of hardware cache without the unnecessary functionality and cost of a full-featured RAID adapter. SmartRAID 3100E RAID adapters significantly reduce operating costs by delivering significantly lower power – all while delivering a significant performance advantage over previous generation products. Familiar management tools and software already deployed in the SmartRAID and SmartHBA families, along with broad operating system support, makes the transition to the new SmartRAID 3100E adapters the easy choice.
Video: Learn more about the SmartRAID 3100E RAID adapters and their ideal applications >>> watch this video now.
Ideal Use Cases
The new Adaptec SmartRAID 3100E adapters are ideal for server use cases requiring entry level enterprise RAID data protection and application acceleration from hardware cache support — yet at a cost-effective price point.
Example applications include:
• SmartRAID 3100E replaces Software RAID solutions that waste CPU cycles on data movement and instead allows those CPU cycles to be dedicated to increased application performance – all while providing the additional reliability of RAID on boot
• SmartRAID 3100E applications in edge and storage nodes that provide in-server advanced distributed processing that mitigate bandwidth limitations in centralized processing
• SmartRAID 3100E use in computing and graphical applications with high performing, low-power storage systems
These new SmartRAID 3100E adapters provide a migration path for users seeking to transition from the Adaptec Series 8E adapters. The SmartRAID 3100E RAID adapters offer 2X IOPS performance and 40% lower power than Series 8E RAID adapters.
SmartRAID 3100E Features
The SmartRAID 3100E RAID Adapters support hardware RAID levels 0, 1 and 10 and come in 8-port and 4-port variants. Each adapter provides data reliability and performance acceleration for up to eight and four direct attach devices, respectively.
• Supports simultaneous use of RAID and raw devices (mixed mode)
• Performance acceleration provided through built-in hardware cache
• Up to 8 native SAS/SATA ports in a LP/MD2 design
• 12 Gbps throughput per SAS port using mini-SAS HD connectors
• Up to 1.6M random read 4 KB IOPS*
• Industry's lowest-power 28 nm SmartROC SAS/SATA protocol controller
• Common management tools ease transition to next generation hardware and software that provide better performance and lower power
* SmartRaid 3102E
For more information, visit our web site, here.