- AC-DC Power Conversion
- Battery Management
- DC-DC Controllers
DC-DC Converters & Voltage Regulators
- Linear Regulators LDO
- Buck Regulators
- Boost Regulators
- Step Up (Boost) - Synchronous Products
- Step Up (Boost) - Low IQ Products
- Step Up (Boost) - Non-Synchronous
- Complete Step Down Regulators
- Step Down upto 6V
- Step Down up to 36V
- Step Down upto 75V
- Multi-Output Regulators
- Inductorless Offline Switching Regulators
- Multi Channel (PMIC)
- Charge Pumps
- DDR Termination Regulator
- Design Support
- Hot Swap Controllers
- MOSFET Drivers
- Motor Drivers
- PMIC - Power Management ICs
- Power Check Design Service
- Power Modules
- Power Switches
- Silicon Carbide (SiC) Devices and Power Modules
- Voltage Supervisor and References
DDR Termination Regulators
What are DDR Termination Regulators?
DDR termination regulators are an essential component to regulate power through DDR transmission lines. DDR Termination Regulators achieve power conservation by rapidly dropping or increasing current so that the output termination voltage(VTT) would be half of the supply voltage(VDDQ). This results in reduced power dissipation and higher efficiency.
Why use DDR Termination Regulators?
DDR Termination regulators are necessary to save power while DDR memory is active. Today, DDR is becoming even faster and more effective in transferring data and this makes the systems powering the DDR memory more susceptible to frequent and inaccurate data transfer. A good DDR Termination Regulator closely tracks supplied voltage and quickly sinks or sources current to maintain a regulated transmission of power. This ultimately leads to a more efficient double data rate memory and an indispensable power solution for a variety of mobile and home devices.
Microchip’s DDR Termination Regulators
Microchip Technology manufactures a focused and effective line of DDR Termination regulators. Microchip’s DDR Termination Regulators feature low output impedance, very high bandwidth, quick transient response time, and high output voltage accuracy. Microchip’s DDR Termination solutions are ideal choices for achieving accurate and high-speed bus termination.
- Output Current range from 0.75A to 2.6A
- Power Good Option
- Very accurate VTT as high as ±5mV
- Available MSOP-10 and DFN packages
- High speed bus termination
Microchip DDR Termination Regulator Products:
The MIC5162 is a dual regulator controller designed for high speed bus termination. Provides a universal solution for bus termination regardless of input voltage, output voltage, or load current.
- Tracking programmable output
- Wide bandwidth
- Logic controlled enable input
- Tiny MSOP-10 package
The MIC5167 is a highly efficient synchronous buck regulator designed for use as a DDR or QDDR terminator. The MIC5167 is optimized to achieve more than 94% efficiency while switching at 1MHz over a broad range.
- Input voltage from 2.6V to 5.5V
- Source and Sinks up to 6A
- 100% Maximum duty cycle
- Fully Integrated MOSFET Circuits