Medical and Fitness
Medical and Fitness
- Blood Pressure Meter
- Digital Thermometer
- Glucose Meter
- Oxygen Concentrator
- Patient Monitor
- Pulse Oximeter
- Wearable Activity Monitors
- Digital Medical Weight Scale
- Medical Drug Delivery Pumps
- Medical Devices for IoT
- Design Partners
Medical nebulizers are drug delivery devices that reduce a liquid medication to extremely fine cloud-like particles and deliver them directly to the airways for respiratory therapy. Medical nebulizers are commonly used for the treatment of COPD, asthma, cystic fibrosis and other respiratory diseases.
Nebulizers tend to be divided into three categories: jet nebulizers, ultrasonic nebulizers and mesh nebulizers; with each type of nebulizer having its own relative strengths. Recently there have been many improvements in mesh nebulizers.
Mesh nebulizers force liquid medications through multiple apertures in a mesh or aperture plate in order to generate aerosol droplets. This type of nebulizer has the advantages of being small and portable, powered by batteries, silent in operation, yield shorter treatment times, give increased output efficiency, and have minimal residual volume. Other advantages include a predominantly fine-particle fraction that reaches into the peripheral lung and the ability to nebulize in low drug volumes.
Vibrating Mesh Nebulizer
Microchip has what nebulizer designers need:
- A complete family of eXtreme Low Power (XLP), picoPower technology and Ultra Low Power microcontrollers with sleep currents as low as 9 nA and run currents down to 30 μA/MHz
- MCUs with Core Independent Peripherals that are designed to handle tasks with no code or supervision from the MCU’s core in order to maintain operation. Core Independent Peripherals can shorten the development time of complex control systems, reduce the design’s component count, board size and power consumption
- Lower BOM cost and less design complexity enabled by integration of coherent peripherals, like built-in analog, touch-sensing capability and other associated features in most of our popular MCU families.
- Cost-effective, low-risk options to add wireless capability using our wireless controllers and modules.