Embedded Graphics that Dazzle Your Customers
Wide Range of MCU and MPU Offerings for Every Budget and Embedded Performance Level
Differentiate your products by adding aesthetically pleasing and feature-rich embedded graphical user interfaces to provide users with intuitive menus, vivid graphics and easy interaction with their devices. Our broad portfolio of 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) and accompanying software tools will help you overcome the challenges of adding embedded graphics to your design so that you can bring your product to market more quickly at a lower total system cost. Discover how to:
- Develop professional-looking GUIs that match your branding requirements with our free software tools
- Get expert support from our third-party partners to help you get to market faster
- Save time and money with widely available open-source solutions
- Jump-start your application development with easy-to-use example designs and demos
High-Performance MPU Graphics
- Arm® Cortex®-A5 based MPUs up to 600 MHz
- TFT LCD controller with overlays
- 720p video decoder
- Compatible with widely-used tools and libraries
Integrated Graphics Controllers
- 16- and 32-bit MCUs and MPUs with integrated LCD controllers
- Optional 2D GPUs and integrated DRAM memory
- Easy-to-use graphics tool suites
Low-Cost Controllerless Graphics
- 32-bit MCUs up to 415 DMIPS
- Direct-drive panels are easy to implement
- Up to 512 KB integrated SRAM
- Industry-leading free graphics tools
Dedicated External Controller
- Easily add graphics to your current Microchip-based design
- Drivers available for many popular controllers
- Jump-start your application with existing demos
Embedded Graphics Software Development Tools and Libraries
Graphics Design Tools for 32-bit Microcontrollers
MPLAB® Harmony Graphics Suite (MHGS)
Creating professional-looking embedded Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) with cost-efficient 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) has never been easier when you use the powerful and free MPLAB Harmony Graphics Suite (MHGS). Available within the MPLAB Harmony embedded software development framework, MHGS is specifically designed specifically to take advantage of the capabilities of Microchip’s high-performance, 32-bit embedded graphics MCUs. This tightly integrated system of tools and software allows you to quickly and easily add GUIs, animation and imagery to a graphical display. Its “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG)-based embedded GUI development system comes with unique features that enable you to spend less time fixing bugs and re-integrating code from external tool sets and libraries, reducing your development time, cost and risk in designing compelling new products for your end users.
Why Should You Use MPLAB Harmony Graphics Suite for Your Embedded GUI Development?
- Tightly integrated tools environment: The tight integration between MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE), MPLAB Harmony embedded software development framework and MPLAB Harmony Graphics Suite produces an enhanced, interactive development environment so you can focus on creating and debugging your application-specific code. This leads to lower overall development costs, a shorter time to market and higher-quality products.
- Performance: MPLAB Harmony Graphics Suite was designed from the ground up to enable code portability across multiple families of 32-bit MCUs while also making maximum use of the Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), multi-layer overlay graphics controllers and DRAM available on Microchip’s high-performance 32-bit MCUs.
- Cost: MPLAB Harmony Graphics Suite is free to design with and use with our 32-bit MCUs. It is also royalty free. All components are available in each public release of MPLAB Harmony and work with the free version of the MPLAB XC32 compiler.
Graphics Design Tools for 16-bit Microcontrollers
Microchip 16-bit Graphics Library
This graphics library is highly modular, easy to use and has an open documented interface for driver or controller support. It can be used with 16-bit PIC24 MCUs and dsPIC® Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs) and is available as a part of Microchip Libraries for Applications (MLA). The library supports pre-made graphics objects, multiple fonts and languages.
Third-Party Embedded Graphics Support
Microchip has partnered with industry leaders in embedded GUI software development for every layer of performance and budget.