KSZ8863 Linux driver for revision 3.14 tared
- Software Download Agreement
Before downloading, you must accept the licensing terms detailed in this form. Thank
MICROCHIP IS WILLING TO LICENSE THE ACCOMPANYING SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION TO YOU ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS. TO ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, CLICK "I ACCEPT" AND PROCEED WITH THE DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE LICENSE TERMS, CLICK "I DO NOT ACCEPT," AND DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE.
NON-EXCLUSIVE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
FOR STANDARD AND 1588 ETHERNET SOFTWARE
This Nonexclusive Software License Agreement for Standard and 1588 Ethernet Software ("Agreement") is a contract between you, your heirs, successors and assigns ("Licensee") and Microchip Technology Incorporated, a Delaware corporation, with a principal place of business at 2355 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85224-6199, and its subsidiaries including Microchip Technology (Barbados) II Incorporated (collectively, "Microchip") for the accompanying Microchip Software and Documentation as defined below.
1. Definitions. As used in this Agreement, the following capitalized terms will have the meanings defined below:
a. “Documentation” means any and all accompanying documentation, including images and any other graphic resources provided by Microchip for the Software.
b. "Microchip Products" means Microchip microcontrollers and Microchip digital signal controllers.
c. "Licensee Products" means Licensee products that use or incorporate Microchip Products.
d. "Object Code" means the Software computer programming code that is in binary form (including related documentation, if any), and error corrections, improvements, modifications, and updates.
e. “Software” means the Standard and 1588 Ethernet Software, and any updates thereto and derivatives thereof, including proprietary IEEE 1588 software code developed by OnTime Networks.
f. "Source Code" means the Software computer programming code that may be printed out or displayed in human readable form (including related programmer comments and documentation, if any), and error corrections, improvements, modifications, and updates.
g. "Third Party" means Licensee’s agents, representatives, consultants, clients, customers, or contract manufacturers.
h. "Third Party Products" means Third Party products that use or incorporate Microchip Products.
2. Software License Grant. Subject to Licensee’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement, Microchip grants strictly to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to:
a. use and evaluate the Software in connection with Licensee Products and/or Third Party Products;
b. if Source Code is provided, modify the Software for use in connection with Licensee Products and/or Third Party Products; provided that Licensee clearly notifies Third Parties regarding the source of such modifications;
c. distribute the Software to Third Parties for use in Third Party Products, so long as such Third Party agrees to be bound by this Agreement (in writing or by "click to accept") and this Agreement accompanies such distribution; and
d. sublicense to a Third Party to use the Software only in Third Party Products, so long as such Third Party agrees to be bound by this Agreement (in writing or by "click to accept").
For purposes of clarity, Licensee may NOT embed the Software on a non-Microchip Product, except as described in this Section.
3. Documentation License Grant. Subject to Licensee’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement, Microchip grants strictly to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the Documentation in support of Licensee's authorized use of the Software.
4. Third Party Requirements. Licensee acknowledges that it is Licensee’s responsibility to comply with any third party license terms or requirements applicable to the use of any third party software, specifications, systems, or tools. This includes, by way of example but not as a limitation, any standards-setting organizations requirements. Microchip is not responsible and will not be held responsible in any manner for Licensee’s failure to comply with any applicable third-party terms or requirements.
5. Open Source Components. Notwithstanding the license grant in Section 2 above, Licensee further acknowledges that certain components of the Software are covered by so-called "open source" software licenses ("Open Source Components"), see below for a partial list of Open Source Components. Open Source Components means any software licenses approved as open source licenses by the Open Source Initiative or any substantially similar licenses, including without limitation any license that, as a condition of distribution of the software licensed under such license, requires that the distributor make the software available in source code format. To the extent required by the licenses covering Open Source Components, the terms of such license will apply in lieu of the terms of this Agreement. To the extent the terms of the licenses applicable to Open Source Components prohibit any of the restrictions in this Agreement with respect to such Open Source Components, those restrictions will not apply to the Open Source Component.
Open Source Components:
Open Source Components are not licensed under the terms of this Agreement, but under the terms of the applicable open source license(s), such as the Linux Kernal, U-boot, Busybox, RSTP, ARM GCC Tool chain, Linux PTP, OpenAVB, PTPD and other BSD and GNU GPL licenses. Your use of the Open Source Components is subject to the terms of each applicable license. You must agree to the terms of each such applicable license, or you should not use the Open Source Components.
6. Licensee Obligations. Licensee will not: (a) engage in unauthorized use, modification, disclosure, or distribution of Software or Documentation, or its derivatives; (b) use all or any portion of the Software, Documentation, or its derivatives except in conjunction with Microchip Products, Licensee Products or Third Party Products; or (c) reverse engineer (by disassembly, decompilation, or otherwise) Software or any portion thereof. Licensee may not remove or alter any copyright or other proprietary rights notice posted in any portion of the Software or Documentation and must include any proprietary notices on any copies of the Software or any derivatives thereof. Licensee will defend, indemnify, and hold Microchip and its subsidiaries harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees), liabilities, and losses, including without limitation: (x) any claims directly or indirectly arising from or related to the use, modification, disclosure or distribution of the Software, Documentation, or any related intellectual property rights; (y) the use, sale, or distribution of Licensee Products or Third Party Products; and (z) any breach of this Agreement.
7. Confidentiality. Licensee agrees that the Software (including but not limited to the Source Code, Object Code, and library files, if provided) and its derivatives, Documentation and underlying inventions, algorithms, know-how and ideas relating to the Software and the Documentation are proprietary information belonging to Microchip and its licensors ("Proprietary Information"). Except as expressly and unambiguously allowed in this Section, Licensee will hold in confidence and not use or disclose any Proprietary Information and will similarly bind its employees and Third Party(ies) in writing. Proprietary Information will not include information that: (i) is in or enters the public domain without breach of this Agreement and through no fault of the receiving party; (ii) the receiving party was legally in possession of prior to receiving it; (iii) the receiving party can demonstrate was developed by the receiving party independently and without use of or reference to the disclosing party's Proprietary Information; or (iv) the receiving party receives from a third party without restriction on disclosure. If Licensee is required to disclose Proprietary Information by law, court order, or government agency, Licensee will give Microchip prompt notice of this requirement to allow Microchip to object or limit the disclosure. Licensee agrees that the provisions of this Agreement regarding unauthorized use and nondisclosure of the Software, Documentation, and related Proprietary Rights are necessary to protect the legitimate business interests of Microchip and its licensors and that monetary damage alone cannot adequately compensate Microchip or its licensors if these provisions are violated. Licensee, therefore, agrees that if Microchip alleges that Licensee or Third Party has breached or violated any provision in this Section then Microchip will have the right to injunctive relief, without the requirement for the posting of a bond, in addition to all other remedies at law or in equity.
8. Ownership of Proprietary Rights. Microchip and its licensors retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Software and Documentation including, but not limited to all patent, copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property rights in the Software, Documentation, and underlying technology and all copies and derivative works thereof (by whomever produced). Licensee and Third Party use of the modifications and derivatives is limited to the license rights described in this Agreement.
9. Termination of Agreement. Without prejudice to any other rights, this Agreement terminates immediately, without notice by Microchip, upon a failure by Licensee or Third Party to comply with any provision of this Agreement. Upon termination, Licensee and Third Party will immediately stop using the Software, Documentation, and all derivatives thereof, and immediately destroy all copies.
10. Warranty Disclaimers. THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MICROCHIP AND ITS LICENSORS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR APPLICATION OF THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION. MICROCHIP AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET REQUIREMENTS OF LICENSEE OR ANY THIRD PARTY, BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR ERROR-FREE. MICROCHIP AND ITS LICENSORS HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO CORRECT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE.
11. Limited Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL MICROCHIP OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OR EXPENSES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA; COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, TECHNOLOGY, SERVICES; OR ANY CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DEFENSE THEREOF); OR OTHER SIMILAR COSTS. The aggregate and cumulative liability of Microchip and its licensors for damages under this Agreement will in no event exceed $1000 or the amount Licensee paid Microchip for the Software and Documentation, whichever is greater. Licensee acknowledges that the foregoing limitations are reasonable and an essential part of this Agreement.
12. General. THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ARIZONA AND THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. Licensee agrees that any disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement, Software, or Documentation will be brought exclusively in the courts located in Maricopa County, Arizona. This Agreement will constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. It will not be modified except by a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Microchip. If any provision of this Agreement will be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and be enforceable. No waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement will constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent, or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions of this Agreement, and no waiver will be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party. Licensee agrees to comply with all import and export laws and restrictions and regulations of the Department of Commerce or other United States or foreign agency or authority. The indemnities, obligations of confidentiality, and limitations on liability described in this Agreement, and any right of action for breach of this Agreement prior to termination, will survive any termination of this Agreement. Any prohibited assignment will be null and void. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to restrictions set forth in subparagraphs (a) through (d) of the Commercial Computer-Restricted Rights clause of FAR 52.227-19 when applicable, or in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013, and in similar clauses in the NASA FAR Supplement. Contractor/manufacturer is Microchip Technology Inc., 2355 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85224-6199.
If Licensee has any questions about this Agreement, please write to Microchip Technology Inc., 2355 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85224-6199 USA. ATTN: Marketing.
Copyright (c) 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Microchip Technology Inc. All rights reserved.
By checking the "I agree"
box and clicking the "Confirm"
(1) you agree that you have had the opportunity to review the license; and
(2) you agree to be bound by its terms.
If you disagree, click the "Cancel"
By clicking the "Confirm"
button below, I confirm my acceptance of the license.
By clicking the "Cancel"
button, I cancel my acceptance of the license.