Status: In Production
The PM8310 TEMUX-336 is a high density T1/E1 framer, VT/TU mapper, and M13 multiplexer with integrated SONET/SDH framers for OC- 12/STM-4 and 4xOC-3/STM-1 applications. Feature integration and scalability make the TEMUX-336 ideal for use in ATCA/AMC line cards, voice and media gateways, routers, and multi-service and edge aggregation switches.
The TEMUX-336 device's unique Extended Serial SONET/SDH Interface (ESSI) enables:
• A low pin-count interconnect to additional TEMUX-336 devices for equipment protection applications
• Higher-rate SONET/SDH framers such as the PM5336 ARROW-2488 for channelized OC-48/STM-16 designs
• SONET/SDH cross-connects in transport applications
• Ethernet over SONET/SDH mappers such as the PM4390 ARROW M8xFE
• Additionally, the device's Scalable Bandwidth Interconnect (SBI) bus enables a simple interconnect to Microchip Layer 2 solutions such as the FREEDM (HDLC processor), S/UNI IMA (ATM inverse multiplexer) and AAL1gator (ATM-based CES processor) families.
• Complete SONET/SDH front end with T1/E1, DS3/E3 ATCA/AMC space and power constraints
• Integrated SBI bus simplifies interconnection to layer 2 processors
• Meets timing requirements for wireless backhaul, critical for CESbased 336/252 T1/E1s across the SBI using the V4 byte
• Extended Serial SONET/SDH Interface (ESSI) can aggregate up to 4x protection in ACTA/AMC systems
• Supports linear 1+1 protection on the same device or to a companion TEMUX-336 device
• Enables a scalable architecture from T1/E1 up to OC-12/STM-4
• Supports T1/E1 mapping directly into SONET/SDH using VT1.5/TU-11 or VT2/TU-12 or multiplexed in DS3s using M13 or G.747
• Supports advanced test features including programmable pattern generation and detection for up to 64 byte sequences
• Fully integrated, monolithic IC ensures reliability
• ATCA/AMC-based line cards
• Voice and media gateways
• Wireless base station controllers (BSC) and radio network controllers (RNC)
• Routers and multi-service switches
• Edge aggregation switches
• Multi-service provisioning platforms
Development tools data is currently unavailable.
For pricing and availability, contact Microchip Local Sales.