Medical and Fitness
Medical and Fitness
- Design Partners
Create Smart, Connected and Secure Medical Devices for IoT Cloud Platforms
Bring Your Medical Device Quickly and Easily to Market and the Cloud
Designing smart and secure cloud-connected medical devices does not have to be a difficult process. You can give your next Internet of Things (IoT) medical device design a quicker start by using one of Microchip’s many medical demo designs along with one of our IoT development boards.
We offer many great examples for developing IoT medical devices. This example shows you how to measure heart rate and blood oxygen saturation and how to securely send the measurements to Google’s Cloud IoT core platform. This is accomplished by using our Pulse Oximeter Demonstration design along with our AVR-IoT WG Development Board.
Pulse Oximeter Demonstration Key Features
- Measures heart rate and O2 saturation as a percentage of oxygenated
- Low overall BOM cost due to processing and filter integration
- The dsPIC33 Digital Signal Controller (DSC) implements a 513th-order, digital-FIR, bandpass filter
- Eliminates the need for an expensive Analog Front End (AFE) part
This demo is not for sale. Please go to the standard Pulse Oximeter Demonstration page to download the ‘C’ source code, application note and schematics for this design.
AVR-IoT WG Development Board Key Features
- Plug-and-play solution provides an easy and effective way to connect embedded medical applications to Google’s Cloud IoT Core platform
- Go from out-of-the-box to cloud-connected in 30 seconds
- The smart, on-board ATmega4808 8-bit microcontroller (MCU) brings the processing power and simplicity of Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs) that further decrease power consumption
- Easily connect your design without prior wireless design experience with our on-board, certified ATWINC1510 Wi-Fi® network controller module
- Secure authentication with the ATECC608A CryptoAuthentication™ secure element to provide a trusted and protected identity for each medical device
- Rapidly generate code and develop your application with our robust ecosystem
Microchip medical reference designs and demos are intended for evaluation and development purposes only. Use of Microchip devices in life support and/or safety applications is entirely at the buyer's risk, and the buyer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Microchip from any and all damages, claims, suits, or expenses resulting from such use.