Status: In Production
DIGI-G4 is Microchip's fourth-generation OTN processing solution for next-generation OTN switching and packet-optical transport (POTP/P-OTN), WDM/ROADM, and hyperscale data center interconnect (DCI) equipment. Building on the innovations in Microchip's DIGI-120G, which is widely deployed in service provider and hyperscale data center WAN networks today, DIGI-G4 is a 4x100G multi-service OTN processor, scaling line card capacity by 4x, while reducing power per port by 50 percent,as compared to previous generation OTN processors. DIGI-G4 addresses the requirements of SDN-ready, encrypted optical transport infrastructure. Reusing Microchip's proven, service provider-qualified DIGI family OTN switching software development kit (SDK), DIGI-G4 can be leveraged across multiple applications and equipment platforms, providing OEMs with the lowest risk, fastest time-to-market and lowest cost of development.
Variants available with OTN encryption (PM5990) and without OTN encryption (PM5991).
Benefits for Service Providers & OEMs
• Lowers CAPEX & OPEX of service provider 100G deployments
• High-capacity hybrid packet/OTN switching & aggregation maximizes 100G wavelength utilization
• Universal line card solution simplifies line card inventory management
• Supports hyperscale data center interconnect transport requirements
• Flexible, low latency, protocol agnostic Layer 1 OTN payload encryption
• Flexible on-chip OTN switch & Interlaken interconnects enable design of compact, scalable, ‘rack-and-stack’ data center interconnect WAN transport platforms
• Supports transition to transport SDN-based network architectures
• Flexible hybrid packet/OTN mapping, aggregation & switching enables virtualization of 100G optical infrastructure
• Hitless, on-demand scaling of optical connections
• Features to enable OpenFlow extensions such as network element neighbor discovery
• Accelerates time-to-market & lowers development costs for OEMs
• High-performance, field-proven OTN-SDK built upon the DIGI family code base, allowing OEMs to reuse existing software investments
• ‘Application-centric’ APIs reduce time-to-market by up to 6 months.
• Optimizes power, footprint and cost of line cards:
• Integrated 100G gearbox for direct connect to CFP2, CFP4 and QSFP28 transceivers.
• Connects directly to many off-the-shelf Network Processors & Switch Fabrics
• Integrated PLLs & GCC processor reduces the need for auxiliary components
Development tools data is currently unavailable.
For pricing and availability, contact Microchip Local Sales.