CAN Bus and CAN FD Bus Products and Solutions
Bring communication and connectivity in your embedded design to the next level with Microchip's Controller Area Network (CAN) bus solutions technology. Originally created for automotive applications, the CAN bus protocol is a high-speed, reliable communication protocol for applications requiring robust communications at bit rates reaching 8 Mbps. Incorporating the CAN bus protocol into your design is a low-cost, reliable way to function in a difficult electrical environment with a high degree of real-time capability.
Microchip offers a complete line of products to meet the needs of high-performance embedded applications using the CAN bus protocol, including 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers and 16-bit digital signal controllers (DSCs) with integrated CAN, External CAN controllers and CAN transceivers. With easy-to-use development systems, code examples, drivers and application notes, Microchip provides a total CAN bus solution that enables low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for your high-performance, embedded design.
Vector CANbedded™ and osCAN™ development solutions support Microchip PIC18, PIC24H, dsPIC30F and dsPIC33F microcontrollers with embedded CAN Controllers.
Why move to CAN FD (flexible data-rate)?
CAN FD is the evolution of CAN Bus that provides a flexible data-rate and improved throughput with data fields of 64 bytes.
- Complete line of 8-, 16-, 32-bit MCUs and 16-bit DSCs with integrated CAN
- CAN 2.0B specification compliance
- 3.3V and 5V variants
- Right mix of peripheral integration ideal for:
- Motor Control
- Digital Power and Lighting
- Connectivity - USB, Ethernet and more
- AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualification (150 C)
- Complete line of 32-bit MCUs from Entry level to High Performance with CAN-FD
- Up to 2 CAN FD Peripherals on a single device compliant to ISO 11898-1:2015
- AEC-Q100 Grade 2 qualification (105C)
- Targeted applications range from Motor Control, Drones, to Automotive Infotainment