- MPLAB® X IDE
- MPLAB Xpress
- MPLAB X IDE Debug Features by Device
- MPLAB® XC Compilers
- MPLAB® Integrated Programming Environment (IPE)
- Emulation Extension Paks
- Emulator and Debugger Accessories
- Embedded Software Center
- MPLAB Code Configurator
- MPLAB® Harmony v3 Articles and Documentation
- MPLAB Harmony v2
- Graphic Design Tools
- MPLAB Harmony 1.0
- Microchip Libraries for Applications
- Code Examples
- MPLAB Xpress MCHP
- CAD/CAE Symbols
- SPICE Models
- MPLAB Mindi Analog Simulator
- MPLAB Analog Designer
- Analog Simulation Files
- Other Software Libraries
- SAM & AVR Supported Tools
- MPLAB® Device Blocks for Simulink®
- Development Boards and Tools
- MPLAB Data Visualizer
- Ensemble Graphics Toolkit
- Microchip Studio
Microchip Studio for AVR® and SAM Devices
Microchip Studio is an Integrated Development Platform (IDP) for developing and debugging AVR® and SAM microcontroller applications. It merges all of the great features and functionality of Atmel Studio into Microchip’s well-supported portfolio of development tools to give you a seamless and easy-to-use environment for writing, building and debugging your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code. Microchip Studio can also seamlessly import your Arduino® sketches as C++ projects to provide you with a simple transition path from makerspace to marketplace.
You can use Microchip Studio with the debuggers, programmers and development kits that support AVR and SAM devices. Extend your development environment with Microchip Gallery, an online app store for Microchip Studio plug-ins developed by Microchip as well as third-party tool and embedded software vendors.
Even though it comes with a new name and look, you will still be able to use any existing documentation and videos about Atmel Studio to learn how to use Microchip Studio.
MPLAB® XC8 PRO Licenses Now Packed with Performance for AVR® MCUs
Microchip Studio comes with the MPLAB XC8 Compiler installed and ready for use. The latest version of the MPLAB XC8 PRO license includes optimizations that rival those of more expensive compilers out on the market to reduce code size and increase efficiency. A TÜV SÜD-certified Functional Safety license is also available.
- Support for 500+ AVR and SAM devices
- MPLAB XC8 compiler support
- Vast source code library including drivers, communication stacks, 1,600+ project examples with source code, graphic services and touch functionality through Advanced Software Framework (ASF)
- IDE extensions through Microchip Gallery, the online app store for development tools and embedded software from Microchip and third parties
- QTouch® Composer to tune capacitive touch designs, validate system performance, monitor power consumption and graph data and trace data in real time
- Wireless Composer to configure and test the performance of wireless designs
- Integrated compiler to write and debug C/C++ and assembly code
- Advanced debugging features including complex data breakpoints, nonintrusive trace support (SAM3 and SAM4 devices), statistical code profiling, interrupt trace/monitoring, polled data tracing (Arm® Cortex®-M0+ based devices), real-time variable tracking with optional timestamping
- Integrated editor with visual assist
- Project wizard that allows projects to be created from scratch or from a large library of design examples
- In-system programming and debugging that provides an interface to all Microchip in-circuit programmers and debuggers
- Transparent debug views into CPU and peripherals for easy code development and debugging
- Full-chip simulation for an accurate model of CPU, interrupts, peripherals and external stimuli
Low-Power Application Design
The Data Visualizer plug-in captures and displays run-time power data from your application when used with the Power Debugger or a supported Xplained PRO board. You can profile the power usage of your application as part of a standard debug session. You can also correlate power spikes with the code that caused them by sampling the program counter during power measurements.
From Makerspace to Marketplace: Enabling a Seamless Transition to Production-Ready Tools
Microchip Studio features seamless one-click importing of projects created in the Arduino development environment. Your sketch, including any libraries it references, will be imported into Studio as a C++ project. Once the sketch is imported, you can leverage the full capabilities of Microchip Studio to fine tune and debug your design. Microchip Studio fully supports the powerful embedded debugger on the Arduino Zero board. Shield adapters that expose debug connectors are available for other Arduino boards, or you can switch to one of the many available Xplained Mini or Xplained PRO boards to fully leverage our ecosystem of hardware tools. Regardless of which option you choose, you will surely make something amazing.
Device-Specific Help at the Touch of a Button
The Help system in Microchip Studio supports online as well as offline access. This means that you will always get the latest documentation when you are connected and that it will stay with you when you are mobile. Device-aware context sensitivity and an I/O-view are available in the editor, allowing you to look up your device’s register-specific information from its data sheet without leaving the editor. The AVR-libc documentation further enhances the context sensitive Help system, allowing you to easily look up function definitions.
More Than 1600 Ready-to-Use Project Examples
Microchip Studio is free of charge and is integrated with Advanced Software Framework (ASF), which is a large library of free source code with 1,600 project examples. ASF strengthens Microchip Studio by providing access to ready-to-use code in the same environment to minimize much of the low-level design required for projects. Standard IDEs are useful for creating new software for a microcontroller (MCU) project. Microchip Studio IDP also:
- Facilitates the reuse of existing software to enable design differentiation
- Supports the product development process with easy access to integrated tools and software extensions in Microchip Gallery
- Reduces time to market by providing advanced features, an extensible software ecosystem and powerful debug integration
The Microchip Gallery contains plug-ins and extensions for the Microchip Studio development platform.
Getting Started with Microchip Studio
Our Getting Started with Microchip Studio online training will guide you through all the major features of the IDE. This training is divided into sections, each of which includes an overview video and accompanying hands-on activities.
|Microchip Studio for AVR and SAM Devices 7.0.2542 Web Installer - |
This installer contains Microchip Studio with Advanced Software Framework 3.49 and toolchains. Use this installer if you have Internet access while installing.
|November 2020||2.5 MB|
|Microchip Studio for AVR and SAM Devices 7.0.2542 Offline Installer - |
This installer contains Microchip Studio with Advanced Software Framework 3.49 and toolchains. Use this installer if you do not have Internet access while installing.
|November 2020||934 MB|
|Microchip Studio for AVR and SAM Devices 7.0.2542 Release Note||November 2020||378 KB|