- SAM 32-bit MCUs
- PIC 32-bit MCUs
- CEC 32-bit MCUs
- Legacy Products
- Development Boards
- Software Tools for PIC MCUs
- Security Solutions with 32-bit Microcontrollers
- Software Tools for AVR and SAM MCUs
- Other Tools and Resources
- Third Party Partners
- Harmony Install
SAM E MCUs
High Performance for connected applications based on ARM® Cortex® Microcontrollers
Microchip SAM E series MCUs comprise of the mid-performance ARM®Cortex®-M4F Processors(SAME5X) and the high-performance 32-bit ARM®Cortex®-M7 RISC processors (SAME70).
Combining an FPU co-processor and advanced analog features, as well as a full set of timing and control functions, SAM E MCUs are ideal for IoT or Smart Energy gateways, industrial automation and building control applications.
The SAM E5X microcontroller series features a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 processor with Floating Point Unit (FPU), running up to 120 MHz, up to 1 MB Dual Panel Flash with ECC, and up to 256 KB of SRAM with ECC . It also has a 10/100 Ethernet MAC and 2 CAN-FD ports targeted for industrial automation, automotive applications and general purpose applications requiring Wired connectivity. This series offers excellent features with class leading power performance and integrated hardware security making it an ideal choice for low power secure connected applications.
The SAM E5X micro-controller series features a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 processor with Floating Point Unit (FPU), running up to 120 MHz,up to 1 MB Dual Panel Flash with ECC, and up to 256 KB of SRAM with ECC .It also adds a 10/100 Ethernet MAC and 2 CAN-FD ports targeted for industrial automation ,automotive applications and general purpose applications requiring Wired connectivity. This series offers excellent features with class leading power performance and integrated hardware security making it an ideal choice for low power secure connected applications.
E5X Device Options:
E51 (2 X CAN-FD)
E53 (Ethernet MAC)
E54 (2 X CAN-FD and Ethernet MAC)
- ARM Cortex-M4F core running at 120 MHz with Single Precision Floating Point Unit (FPU).
- Internal memory architecture with user configurable Tightly Coupled Memory, System memory, Memory Protection Unit and 4KB Combined I-cache and D-cache
- Quad Serial Peripheral Interface(QSPI) with Execute in Place (XIP) Support
- Up to 2 Secure Digital Host Controller (SDHC)
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC with IEEE1588 (E53/E54)
- Dual Bosch CAN-FD 1.0 Controller (E51/E54)
- Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC) supporting up to 256 channels of capacitive touch
- Full speed USB with embedded Host/device
- Supports 5 Low power modes with class leading 65µA/MHz Active Power Performance
- Integrated Security including Symmetric (AES) and Asymmetric(ECC) Encryption, Public Key Exchange Support(PUKCC), TRNG and SHA- based memory Integrity checker
- Dual 1Msps 12-bit ADCs up to 32 channels with offset and gain error compensation.
- Dual 1Msps, 12-bit DAC and analog comparator
- Serial communication (SERCOM) ports configurable as UART/USART, ISO 7816, SPI or I2C
- 48 to 128-pin package options
- Temperature range : -40°C to 85°C
SAM E70 series of Flash microcontrollers (MCUs) operates at a maximum speed of 300MHz and features up to 2048kB of Flash, 16KB each instruction plus data cache and up to 384KB of SRAM. A QSPI, static memory and SDRAM interface offer further memory extension options. The SAM E70 series offers a rich set of advanced connectivity peripherals, including 10/100Mbps Ethernet MAC supporting IEEE 1588, dual CAN-FD 1.0, High Speed USB Host and Device with on-chip high-speed phy, Camera Interface, one SD/MMC interface, one SSC supporting TDM and I2S, 8 UARTs, 5 SPI and 3 I2C™.
- ARM Cortex-M7 core running at 300MHz
- Double Precision Floating point unit (FPU) for high-precision computing and accelerated data processing
- High-performance internal memory architecture with user configurable Tightly Couples Memories, System memory, and 16kB I-cache and D-cache
- Dual Bosch CAN-FD 1.0 Controller
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC with IEEE1588
- High Speed USB Host and Device with on-chip high-speed Phy
- CMOS image sensor interface
- Integrated Security features including AES hardware encryption engines, TRNG and SHA-based memory integrity checker
- Advanced analog front end based on dual 2Msps 12-bit ADCs including 16-bit average, up to 24 channels, offset error correction and gain control
- Dual 2Msps, 12-bit DAC and analog comparator
- 64 to 144-pin package options
- Extended industrial temperature range: -40°C to 105°C