- Company Information
- Conflict Minerals
- Corporate Responsibility
- Contact Us
- MicroSolutions Digital Magazine
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Investor Relations
- General Product Legal Information
- Microchip Patents
- Website Usage and Limitation of Liability
- Microchip Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Copyright Usage Guidelines
- Procedure for Making a Claim of Copyright Infringement
- Development Tools Warranty Card
- Media Center
- New to Microchip?
- microchipDIRECT Software Provider Agreement
Business Continuity Management
COVID-19 UPDATE COVID-19 040220
Cyclone VONFONG-20 (AMBO)
- Update: March 14, 2020 8:00 am (MT) There is no known impact to the Microchip supply chain.
Business Continuity Management focuses on the strategic and tactical capability of an organization to plan for and respond to incidents and business disruptions in order to maintain business operations at an acceptable level.
Microchip Technology Incorporated understands the importance of Business Continuity and is committed to maintaining systems that ensure continuity of supply and provide for mitigation of potential impact to our customers, partners and other stakeholders.
Microchip has established a Corporate Business Continuity (CBC) Steering Committee. The CBC Steering Committee is responsible for managing Microchip’s CBC program and has created a Guidance Document (GD) to establish the expectations and standards to be used by all Microchip entities with respect to business continuity planning. Informed by TS16949-2016, ISO 22301 and The SEMI Business Continuity Guideline for the Semiconductor Industry and its Supply Chain, the GD defines the minimum requirements for how to:
- Identify and evaluate internal and external risks
- Define contingency plans
- Document the plans
- Review and tests the plans
- Provide a customer notification process
- Provide for process validation post shutdown
Business Continuity Planning
Business Continuity Planning focuses on documented plans and procedures that address our operational risks.
Microchip Technology Incorporated has mapped all integrated devices to its supply chain including internal and external foundries, probe, assembly and test locations. By doing this, we are able to understand potential supply chain risk and recovery timing. All of Microchip subcontractors are tier 1 and have mature BCP programs in place. Subcontractor programs are reviewed as part of a quarterly business review.
Microchip’s BCP program is tested on regular basis at the local level and periodically from a corporate level. This testing involves table-top exercises (pursuant to BCPSC guidance), simulations and live scenario testing including fire drills, shelter-in-place and other drills conducted in coordination with community stakeholders.
For additional information please contact your local Microchip Sales office.