- MPLAB® X IDE
- MPLAB Xpress
- MPLAB X IDE Debug Features by Device
- MPLAB® XC Compilers
- MPLAB® Integrated Programming Environment (IPE)
- Emulation Extension Paks
- Emulator and Debugger Accessories
- Embedded Software Center
- MPLAB Code Configurator
- MPLAB Harmony
- Microchip Libraries for Applications
- Code Examples
- MPLAB Xpress MCHP
- CAD/CAE Symbols
- SPICE Models
- MPLAB Mindi Analog Simulator
- Analog Simulation Files
- Other Software Libraries
- SAM & AVR Supported Tools
- MPLAB® Device Blocks for Simulink®
- Development Boards and Tools
MPLAB® Harmony v2 - Integrated Embedded Software Development Framework
MPLAB® Harmony is a flexible, abstracted, fully integrated Embedded Software Development Framework for the PIC® family of 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs). It takes key elements of modular and object-oriented design, adds in the flexibility to use a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) and provides a framework of software modules which are easy to use, configurable for your specific needs and work together in complete harmony. MPLAB Harmony works closely with the MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to provide customers with a unified software development environment. The MPLAB Harmony development environment provides software portability across the entire family of 32-bit PIC microcontrollers.
MPLAB Harmony v2 provides extensive middleware support for developing graphical embedded software. The MPLAB Harmony Aria library is integrated into the MPLAB Harmony Graphics Suite (MHGS) to provide an easy to use What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) editor which accelerates development of graphical user interfaces. Additionally, the MPLAB Harmony Display Manager makes it easy to support new display hardware. Other MPLAB Harmony v2 middleware libraries provide support for TCP/IP (including IPv4, IPv6 and many other Internet protocols), popular classes for USB embedded hosts and devices and seamless third-party RTOS integration to simplify embedded software development.
MPLAB Harmony Features
New Version of MPLAB Harmony Now Available
- Now supports 32-bit SAM MCUs and MPUs
- Optimized peripheral libraries
- Simplified drivers
- Same middleware as Harmony v2
- Standalone libraries
- Smaller modular download
- Supports multiple development models
- Code Interoperability
- Modular architecture allows drivers and libraries to work together with minimal effort
- Faster Time to Market
- Integrated single platform enables shorter development time
- Improved Compatibility
- Scalable across PIC 32-bit MCUs to custom fit your requirements
- Quicker Support
- One-stop support for all customer needs including third-party solutions
- Easy third-party software integration
- Integrates third-party solutions (RTOS, middleware, drivers, etc.) into the embedded software development framework seamlessly
The MPLAB Harmony embedded software development framework is free to download. For information on what is included within the framework and their release versions please read "Release Notes". Additional premium products, including third-party and Microchip solutions, are available for purchase.
Premium Software Solutions:
- Seamlessly integrate third-party solutions (RTOS, middleware, device drivers) into framework.
- Ready to use Microchip Audio and Bluetooth libraries integrated into Harmony framework.
Benefits of using MPLAB Harmony v2 from Microchip Technology:
We’ve made the foundational code for MPLAB Harmony more compact, enable efficient designs in small devices.