High-Speed Communication ICs
We offer a large portfolio of high-speed communication ICs for different fiber optic applications with data rates ranging from sub-Mbps up to 12.5 Gbps. For point-to-point continuous-mode applications, we provide a wide choice of limiting amplifiers, laser drivers and VCSEL drivers to cover GbE/10GbE, Sonet/SDH and Fibre Channel applications. For point-to-multipoint Passive Optical Network (PON) applications, our burst-mode limiting amplifiers deliver industry-leading performance for GEPON/GPON, 10GEPON, XGPON and NG-PON2 applications. A family of SFF-8472 MSA fiber optic module management ICs completes our chipset offering. We also provide a family of Clock and Data Recovery (CDR) ICs for operation up to 2.7 Gbps.
Limiting amplifiers detect tiny differential or single-ended data signals from the receiver and boost them to full CML or LVPECL output levels to allow for the signal to overcome the losses and degradations it may encounter in its path to the SerDes or CDR on the line card. All our limiting amplifiers feature a loss of signal and/or signal detect circuit. They are suitable for a wide range of applications in fiber optic transceivers for data rates as low as sub-Mbps to 12.5 Gbps.
- Solutions for all fiber optic application up to 12.5 Gbps
- Industry-leading performance for PON applications
- Work down to DC, no lower cutoff frequency
- Fastest signal loss/detect response time
- Low power and small packages
Laser Diode Drivers
Our edge emitting (DFP/FP) lasers and surface emitting (VCSEL) drivers cover GbE/10GbE, Sonet/SDH and Fibre Channel applications for data rates ranging from sub-Mbps to 10 Gbps. These drivers are designed to work with our MIC3003 SFF-8472 compliant Fiber Optic Module (FOM) controller. When used with one of our limiting amplifiers, this chipset solution delivers an elegant, smart, low-power, small-footprint solution for SFF/SFP/SFP+ modules.
- Supports applications up to 10 Gbps
- Edge emitting and surface emitting lasers
- Low power
- Small packages
The SY88432L is a low-power transceiver that includes a laser driver and limiting amplifier integrated into a small package. It can be combined with our MIC3003 SFF-8472-compliant FOM controller to create an elegant, smart, low-power, small-footprint solution for SFF/SFP modules with both edge emitting (DFP/FP) lasers and surface emitting (VCSEL).
- Integrated laser driver and limiting amplifier
- Works with MIC3003 controller
- For applications with edge-emitting or surface-emitting lasers up to 4.25 Gbps
- Small package
Fiber Optic Module Controllers
These controllers can be used to implement sophisticated, hot-pluggable fiber optic transceivers with intelligent laser control and an internally calibrated digital diagnostic monitoring interface per SFF-8472. They essentially integrate all non-data-path functions of an SFP transceiver into a small package. They also work well as a microcontroller peripheral in transponders or 10 Gbps transceivers.
- Integrates all FOMs, no data path functions
- SFF-8472 MSA compliant
- Easy module parameters settings, no programming required
- Small 3 × 3 or 4 × 4 mm package
- Low power
Clock and Data Recovery ICs
Our Clock and Data Recovery (CDR) ICs are used for high-speed data signal cleaning and retiming in SONET, Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel and Infiniband applications with data rates ranging from 28 Mbps to 2.7 Gbps.
- Support a wide range of SONET/SDH/ATM, Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Infiniband applications up to 2.7 Gbps
- Comply with Bellcore, ITU/CCITT and ANSI specifications