- Embedded Wi-Fi
- Low Power Wide Area Networks
- Embedded Wireless
- Design Partners
- 3rd Party Module Partners
- RED Frequently Asked Questions
- Over-the-Air Updates
Get Started with Creating Wi-Fi® Smart Devices
Accelerate adding voice control with Alexa to your existing application with the Wi-Fi Smart Device Enablement Kit. The kit allows you to use an Alexa-compatible smart speaker or the Alexa App to control the board’s General-Purpose Input/Outputs (GPIOs) to interface with your application, interrogate the sensors and change the LED colors. Use our open-source firmware, along with the open-source Lambda Functions and Alexa Skills, to create custom skills that will provide your customers with more engaging ways to interact with your application.
Step 1: Order the Wi-Fi Smart Device Enablement Kit (AC164165)
The kit includes:
- SAM L21 microcontroller (MCU) pre-programmed with
- ATWINC1510 Wi-Fi module certified for operation in US,
Canada, Europe, Japan, Korea, China, India and Taiwan
- Light, temperature and humidity sensors
- 12 GPIOs for interfacing to your application
- Power cable
Step 2: Power the Board with a USB Cable
Be sure to short the jumper shown in red below.
Step 4: Start Asking Alexa to Control Your Application
Use voice commands with your Amazon Alexa device to control and monitor the Wi-Fi Smart Device Enablement Board.