Status: In Production
The SAMA5D2 series is a high-performance, ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-A5 processor-based MPU. The Cortex-A5 runs up to 500MHz and features the ARM NEON SIMD engine, a 128KB L2 cache and a floating-point unit. It supports multiple memories, including DDR3, LPDDR3 and QSPI Flash. It integrates powerful peripherals for connectivity: EMAC, up to 3 HS USB ports, up to 2 CAN ports, up to 2 SDIO/SD/MMC, up to 10 UARTs; and for user interface applications: TFT LCD controller, touch controllers, class D amplifier, audio PLL, and a CMOS sensor (camera) interface. These devices offer advanced security functions to protect customer code and secure external data transfers such as: ARM TrustZone, tamper detection pins, a hardware encryption engine supporting RSA, ECC, AES, 3DES, as well as secure Hash Algorithm (SHA) and True Random Number Generator (TRNG), secure data storage for private keys, on-the-fly decryption of code stored in external DDR or QSPI memory and a secure boot loader. These devices come with a free main-lined Linux distribution.
- DDR3/DDR3L/LPDDR3 support
- Embedded audio subsystem
- 0.8mm ball pitch package reduces PCB design complexity
- Simple power management scheme
- 4-layer PCB
- Ultra-low-power architecture for extensive battery life
- <200uA retention mode with fast wake-up
- 5uA in backup mode
- New backup mode with DDR self-refresh
- Hardware encryption engine
- Tamper pins and secure key storage
- Active die shield and environmental monitors (D23 & D28 only)
- Secure boot
- Free Linux® and Qt SDK
- Complete set of C examples for non-OS users
- Low-Cost Development board
- Multiple third-party software and hardware partners
The SAMA5D2 Xplained Ultra is a fast prototyping and evaluation platform for the SAMA5D2 series of microprocessors (MPUs). The board includes eMMC and DDR3 memories as well as a rich set of connectivity options. Connectors and expansion headers allows for easy customization and quick access to leading edge embedded features such as the Class D amplifier or the capacitive touch controller (PTC). A...
SAM-ICE is a JTAG emulator designed for SAMA5, SAM3, SAM4, SAM7 and SAM9 ARM® core-based MCUs and MPUs, including Thumb mode. It supports download speeds up to 720K Bytes per second and maximum JTAG speeds up to 12 MHZ. It also supports Serial Wire Debug (SWD) and Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) from SAM-ICE hardware V6.
Buying option currently unavailable