Status: Samples Available
The META-DX1 family devices are multi-purpose Ethernet MACs/PHYs supporting rates from 1GE to 400GE. Each family member has 48 highspeed SerDes to enable up to 1.2 Tbps capacity with PAM4 SerDes, 800 Gbps when configured for gearboxing or 2:1 mux applications, and 600 Gbps capacity with NRZ SerDes.
These highly flexible devices support retiming (analog and PCS), forward and reverse gearboxing, industry leading timestamping accuracy to enable Class C/D PTP applications, hitless 2:1 multiplexing, crosspoint functionality, and flexible I/O to enable connectivity to a variety of optical modules, DACs, packet processors, and Ethernet switches.
The META-DX1 family has members supporting MACsec for encryption and Flexible Ethernet (FlexE) for Data Center Interconnect and Service Provider applications.
• Protecting Ethernet traffic from ever-growing network security threats requires that any data leaving the data center must be encrypted. MACsec encrypts Ethernet traffic at the frame level and was designed to provide standards based end-to-end WAN security.
• FlexE provides a way to optimize the use of network capacity, and enables a layer of flexibility between standards-based Ethernet rates, providing opex and capex benefits. FlexE enables large packet flows with higher efficiency than using Link Aggregation Groups (LAG). FlexE also allows the use of cost-optimized 100G optical modules while supporting new, higher data rates. FlexE on a switch or router can also reduce capex by enabling the transport portion of the network to choose a wavelength that maximizes the
• PM6104 - Retimer & Gearbox & Crosspoint
• PM6108 - Retimer & Gearbox & Crosspoint & MACsec
• PM6110 - Retimer & Gearbox & Crosspoint & MACsec & FlexE
• 1.2 Tbps device enables 10 Tbps+ line cards
• Class C/D timestamping enables 5G-ready equipment
• Crosspoint enables flexible connection to multiple types of optics on a single design
• FlexE enables a path to meet DCI requirements of hyperscale cloud service providers
• Enables MACsec to be deployed across existing Ethernet switched networks
• Hardware compatibility and common SDK across family reduces overall investment and reduces time to market
• Software Development Kit (SDK) APIs to reduce development time
• High-density Ethernet line cards
• Data center, service provider, and enterprise routers and switches
• Working/Protect switches requiring hitless mux
• Ethernet transponders and muxponders
• Encryption appliances
• FlexE line cards
Development tools data is currently unavailable.
For pricing and availability, contact Microchip Local Sales.