Status: In Production
The SAMA5D2 series is a high-performance, ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-A5 processor-based MPU. The Cortex-A5 runs up to 500MHz and features the ARM NEON SIMD engine, a 128KB L2 cache and a floating-point unit. It supports multiple memories, including DDR3, LPDDR3 and QSPI Flash. It integrates powerful peripherals for connectivity: EMAC, up to 3 HS USB ports, 1 CAN port, up to 2 SDIO/SD/MMC, up to 10 UARTs; and for user interface applications: TFT LCD controller, touch controllers, class D amplifier, audio PLL, and a CMOS sensor (camera) interface. The SAMA5D23 and SAMA5D28 devices target payment applications such as POS terminals and have passed UL testing for PCI pre-certification. The advanced security functions include: ARM TrustZone, tamper detection pins, environmental monitors (voltage, temperature and frequency), active die shielding, a hardware encryption engine (AES, 3DES), Hash Algorithm (SHA), a True Random Number Generator (TRNG), secure back-up storage for keys, on-the-fly decryption of code stored in external DDR or QSPI memory, and a secure boot loader. These devices come with a free main-lined Linux distribution.
- DDR3/DDR3L/LPDDR3/DDR2/LPDDR2 support
- CMOS sensor interface
- 24-bit LCD-TFT controller
- Embedded audio subsystem
- Simple power management scheme
- Ultra-low-power architecture for extensive battery life
- <200uA retention mode with fast wake-up
- 5uA in backup mode with 5Kb SRAM retention
- New backup mode with DDR self-refresh
- Hardware encryption engine (AES, 3DES, SHA), TRNG, dynamic tamper detection, environmental monitoring (voltage, temperature & frequency), secure boot supporting private and public key, PCI pre-certified software for RSA and ECC cryptography
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) pre-certification by UL
- Free Linux® and Qt SDK
- Complete set of C examples for non-OS users
- Low-Cost Development board
- Multiple third-party software and hardware partners
SAM-ICE is a JTAG emulator designed for SAMA5, SAM3, SAM4, SAM7 and SAM9 ARM® core-based MCUs and MPUs, including Thumb mode. It supports download speeds up to 720K Bytes per second and maximum JTAG speeds up to 12 MHZ. It also supports Serial Wire Debug (SWD) and Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) from SAM-ICE hardware V6.
The SAMA5D2 Xplained Ultra is a fast prototyping and evaluation platform for the SAMA5D2 series of microprocessors (MPUs). The board includes eMMC and DDR3 memories as well as a rich set of connectivity options. Connectors and expansion headers allows for easy customization and quick access to leading edge embedded features such as the Class D amplifier or the capacitive touch controller (PTC). A...
For pricing and availability, contact Microchip Local Sales.