Not recommended for new designs; refer to USB2513B device.
Microchip's USB2513 is a versatile, cost-effective, and power-efficient USB 2.0 hub controllers, with 3 down-facing ports. Leveraging Microchip's innovative MultiTRAK™ technology that delivers industry-leading data throughput in mixed-speed USB environments, the USB2513 hub is a USB port expansion solution for applications that demand ultra low power and a small footprint without compromising on performance.
Well-suited for consumer and mobile applications, all members of the USB251x family are available in a space-saving package. The common 36-pin package shared among the 2/3/4 port hub controllers measures only 6x6 mm and provides an ultra small footprint for space-constrained designs while allowing scalable port expansion from two to four ports.
The USB2513 supports an extended operating temperature range of 0° to 85°C. The USB2513 is designed to meet -40° to 85°C industrial temperature requirements.
*The USBCheck online design review
service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions
and requires a myMicrochip account.
- High performance, ultra low-power, small footprint hub controller IC with 2, 3, or 4 downstream ports (indicated by the “x” in the part number)
- Fully compliant with the USB 2.0 specification
- Enhanced OEM configuration options available through either a single serial I2C® EEPROM, or SMBus slave port
- MultiTRAK™ - High-performance multiple transaction translator which provides one transaction translator per port
- PortMap - Flexible port mapping and disable sequencing
- PortSwap - Programmable USB differential-pair pin locations ease PCB design by aligning USB signal lines directly to connectors
- PHYBoost - Programmable USB signal drive strength for recovering signal integrity using 4-level driving strength resolution
- USB251xB/xBi products are fully footprint compatible with USB251x/xi/xA/xAi products as direct drop-in replacements
- Cost savings include using the same PCB components and application of USB-IF Compliance by Similarity
- Full power management with individual or ganged power control of each downstream port
- Fully integrated USB termination and pull-up/pulldown resistors
- Supports a single external 3.3 V supply source; internal regulators provide 1.2 V internal core voltage
- Onboard 24 MHz crystal driver, ceramic resonator, or external 24/48 MHz clock input
- Customizable vendor ID, product ID, and device ID
- 4 kilovolts of HBM JESD22-A114F ESD protection (powered and unpowered)
- Supports self- or bus-powered operation
- Support the USB Battery Charging specification Rev. 1.1 for Charging Downstream Ports (CDP)
- 36-pin QFN (6x6 mm) RoHS compliant package
- USB251xBi products support the industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
- USB251xB products support the extended commercial temperature range of 0°C to +85°C
- Mobile PC Docking Stations
- LCD Monitors/TVs
- PC Motherboards
- Gaming Consoles
- Multi-Function Printers
- Cable/DSL Modems
- Set-Top Boxes
- HDD Enclosures
- KVM Switches
- Server Front Panels
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Systems
- IP Telephony
- Automobile/Home Audio Systems