The UCS1001 provides a USB port power switch for precise control of up to 2.5 amperes continuous current with over-current limit (OCL), dynamic thermal management, latch or auto-recovery (low test current) fault handling, selectable active low or high enable, under- and over-voltage lockout, back-drive protection, and back-voltage protection.
Split supply support for VS and VDD is an option for low power in system standby states. This gives battery operated applications, like notebook PCs, the ability to detect attachments from a sleep or off state. After the Attach Detect is flagged, the system can decide to wake up and/or provide charging.
In addition to power switching and current limiting modes, the UCS1001 will automatically charge a wide variety of portable devices, including USB-IF BC1.2, YD/T-1591 (2009), most Apple® and RIM®, and many others. Nine preloaded charger emulation profiles maximize compatibility coverage of peripheral devices.
The UCS1001 is available in a 20-pin QFN 4 mm x 4 mm package.
- Port power switch with two current limit behaviors
- 2.9 V to 5.5 V source voltage range
- Up to 2.5 A current with 55 mΩ On Resistance
- Over-current trip or constant current limiting
- Soft turn-on circuitry
- Selectable current limit
- Dynamic thermal management
- Under- and over-voltage lockout
- Back-drive, back-voltage protection
- Latch or auto-recovery (low test current) fault handling
- Selectable active high or low power switch enable
- BC1.2 VBUS discharge port renegotiation function
- Selectable/automatic cycling of USB data line charger emulation profiles
- USB-IF BC1.2 charging downstream port (CDP) and dedicated charging port (DCP) modes, YD/T-1591, and most Apple® and RIM® protocols standard
- USB 2.0 compliant high-speed data switch (in Passthrough and CDP modes)
- Nine preloaded charger emulation profiles for maximum compatibility coverage of peripheral devices
- Charging Active (UCS1001-1) or Attach Detection (UCS1001-2) open-drain output
- Fault Alert open-drain output
- Ultra low power Sleep state
- Optional split supply support for VBUS and VDD for low power in system standby states
- Wake on Attach USB (UCS1001-2)
- Wide operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- IEC61000-4-2 8 / 15 kV ESD immunity
- UL recognized and EN/IEC 60950-1 (CB) certified
- Notebook and Netbook Computers
- Tablets and E-book Readers
- Desktops and Monitors
- Docking Stations and Printers
- AC-DC wall adapters