Status: In Production
Built for the cloud and 5G mobile transport era, DIGI-G5 is a Flexible Ethernet (FlexE)-enabled and Ethernet-optimized optical transport network (OTN) processor, offering a total interface bandwidth of up to 1.2 Tbps. Representing five generations of telecom and hyperscale cloud service provider-qualified Microchip's OTN processing innovation, DIGI-G5 delivers dense Ethernet and FlexE client, and “Beyond 100G” (B100G) OTN transport support for cloud‑scale 100G+ packet-optical, OTN switching, DWDM, and data center interconnect (DCI) optical networking applications. DIGI-G5 is complemented by Microchip's third-generation 100G OTN software development kit (SDK) that enables maximum development leverage across multiple line card designs, applications, and equipment platforms, reducing development costs while accelerating time-to-market.
Variants available with OTN encryption (PM6010) and without OTN encryption (PM6011).
Benefits for Service Providers & OEMs:
• Lowers CAPEX & OPEX of service provider 100G and B100G deployments
• High-capacity hybrid packet/OTN switching and aggregation maximizes 100G and B100G wavelength utilization
• Universal line card solution simplifies line card inventory management
• Supports emerging hyperscale data center interconnect transport requirements
• Flexible, low latency, protocol agnostic Layer 1 OTN payload encryption
• Flexible on-chip OTN switch & Interlaken interconnects enable design of compact, scalable, ‘rack-and-stack’ data center interconnect WAN transport platforms
• Supports transition to transport SDN-based network architectures
• Flexible hybrid packet/OTN mapping, aggregation & switching enables virtualization of 100G and B100G optical infrastructure
• 3rd-generation G.HAO ODUflex(GFP) support, enabling ‘Bandwidth-on-Demand’ packet services
• LLDP monitoring for Ethernet and FlexE clients, enabling WAN topology mapping in SDN applications
• Accelerates time-to-market & lowers development costs for OEMs
• High-performance, field-proven 100G OTN-SDK built upon the DIGI family code base, allowing OEMs to reuse existing software investments
• Field-proven API libraries and firmware minimizes deployment risk and lowers development costs
• On-chip ARM processor offloads performance-intensive tasks from host CPU to deliver 1Tbps+ application performance
• Optimizes power, footprint and cost of line cards:
• 56G PAM-4 SerDes allows direct connection to QSFP-DD, OSFP, and coherent DSPs
• Connects directly to many off-the-shelf network processors and switch fabrics
• Integrated PLLs & GCC processor reduces the need for auxiliary components
• Supports 2nd-generation AES-256 OTN encryption
• Enables sub-wavelength ODUk encryption
• Interoperable with Microchip's DIGI-G4 family
• Core/Metro P-OTPs 1 Tbps+ Line Cards
• Metro Distributed OTN Switch Muxponder/Transponder/ADM
• High Capacity DCI Single Chip FlexPonders/Switchponders
Development tools data is currently unavailable.
For pricing and availability, contact Microchip Local Sales.