Status: In Production
The PM5420 HyPHY-20G device is a feature-rich, high-capacity system-on-a-chip solution that enables universal multi-rate, multi-service line cards, transponder cards and muxponder cards for Multi-Service Provisioning Platforms (MSPPs), Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) Platforms, Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexers (ROADMs), Optical Transport Platforms (OTPs), Packet-OTPs and Optical Access Platforms.
The HyPHY-20G delivers unprecedented single-chip scalability and feature integration to enable optimal footprint, power and cost efficiency. The HyPHY-20G provides a rich set of framing, mapping and multiplexing resources for a variety of protocols, including OTN, SONET/SDH, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, ESCON, FICON and multi-rate bit transparent services such as video.
The HyPHY-20G introduces an array of innovative technologies:
• Rate-Agile Programmable Transceiver IO (RAPTR IO): gapless rate-agile SERDES from 16 Mbits to 5 Gbit/s for directconnect to SFPs and from 8.5 Gbit/s to 11.32 Gbit/s fordirect connect to SFP+ (limiting) and XFP modules
• Tri-FEC: Interoperable ITU-T G.709 and G.975.1 (I.4 and I.7)FEC
• OTN Phase Signaling Algorithm (OPSA): improve jitterperformance when transporting clients over OTN
• OTN Payload Tributary Mapping (OPTM): low-order mapping into OPU1
• Constant Bit Rate Interface (CBRI): carry ODUks acrosssystem fabrics
The HyPHY-20G family includes a hardware & software compatible lower capacity variant PM5426 HyPHY-10G.
• Carrier OPEX and CAPEX savings
• Simplifies equipment deployment and network management by enabling hybrid TDM/packet platforms
• Dramatically reduces cost of ownership by simplifyingline card inventory management
• Unprecedented service delivery flexibility
• Supports per-port configurable OTN, SONET/SDH, Ethernet, SAN and bit transparent client services
• Rich suite of client service mappings into OTN andSONET/SDH
• OTN Tri-FEC for maximum network interoperability
• Enables full SNCP-base protection switching formeshed network topologies
• Processor-based Carrier Ethernet
• Flexible implementations of Synchronous Ethernet, IEEE1588 Precision Timing Protocol (PTP) and Ethernet LinkOAM (IEEE 802.3ah)
• Optimized power and footprint for OEMs
• Direct connect to SFP, SFP+ (limiting) and XFP modulesfor all rates with no external SERDES or PLL componentsrequired
• All frequencies derived from a single 155.52 MHz reference clock
• Single-chip solution for muxponders, transponders andoptical access platforms
• Glueless interconnect to many off-the-shelf NPs andfabrics
• Universal line cards for MSPPs and OTPs
• Single-chip optical access platforms
• Transponder, Muxponder and MSPP-on-a-wavelength cards for ROADMs
• Ported or portless packet/TDM interworking server cards
• Multi-Service aggregation cards for switches and routers
• WAN network cards for OLTs and DSLAMs
Development tools data is currently unavailable.
For pricing and availability, contact Microchip Local Sales.