Status: In Production
The SAMA5D2 series is a high-performance, ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-A5 processor-based MPU. The Cortex-A5 runs up to 500MHz and features the ARM NEON SIMD engine, a 128KB L2 cache and a floating-point unit. It supports multiple memories, including DDR3, LPDDR3 and QSPI Flash. It integrates powerful peripherals for connectivity: EMAC, up to 3 HS USB ports, up to 2 CAN ports, up to 2 SDIO/SD/MMC, up to 10 UARTs; and for user interface applications: TFT LCD controller, touch controllers, class D amplifier, audio PLL, and a CMOS sensor (camera) interface. The SAMA5D23 and SAMA5D28 devices target payment applications such as POS terminals and have passed UL testing for PCI pre-certification. The advanced security functions include: ARM TrustZone, tamper detection pins, environmental monitors (voltage, temperature and frequency), active die shielding, a hardware encryption engine (AES, 3DES), Hash Algorithm (SHA), a True Random Number Generator (TRNG), secure back-up storage for keys, on-the-fly decryption of code stored in external DDR or QSPI memory, and a secure boot loader. These devices come with a free main-lined Linux distribution.
- DDR3/DDR3L/LPDDR3/DDR2/LPDDR2 support
- CMOS sensor interface
- 24-bit LCD-TFT controller
- Embedded audio subsystem
- Simple power management scheme
- Ultra-low-power architecture for extensive battery life
- <200uA retention mode with fast wake-up
- 5uA in backup mode with 5Kb SRAM retention
- New backup mode with DDR self-refresh
- Hardware encryption engine (AES, 3DES, SHA), TRNG, dynamic tamper detection, environmental monitoring (voltage, temperature & frequency), secure boot supporting private and public key, PCI pre-certified software for RSA and ECC cryptography
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) pre-certification by UL
- Free Linux® and Qt SDK
- Complete set of C examples for non-OS users
- Low-Cost Development board
- Multiple third-party software and hardware partners
The SAMA5D2 Xplained Ultra is a fast prototyping and evaluation platform for the SAMA5D2 series of microprocessors (MPUs). The board includes eMMC and DDR3 memories as well as a rich set of connectivity options. Connectors and expansion headers allows for easy customization and quick access to leading edge embedded features such as the Class D amplifier or the capacitive touch controller (PTC). A...
For pricing and availability, contact Microchip Local Sales.