The MPLAB® XC Virtual Machine License for Network Licenses is an add-on license for:
- MPLAB XC8, XC16 and XC32/XC32++ PRO and Standard Network Server licenses
- MPLAB XC8, XC16 and XC32/XC32++ PRO Site licenses
This add-on license allows network licenses to be compatible with a virtual machine. One license will be needed for each virtual machine network.
To install the virtual machine license, follow these instructions:
1. Install your network server and compiler licenses (if not already installed).
Note: The MPLAB XC Virtual Machine License for Network Licenses is not a PRO or Standard compiler license.
2. Login to your software products account at either www.microchipdirect.com or www.microchip.com/mysoftware
3. Click on “Download License” for the virtual machine product and follow the instructions on the page.
Unzip the file that is downloaded.
4. Run the installer on the server for your operating system.
Please refer to the documents section of this webpage for more information.