IoT Ethernet Kit Powered by AWS IoT
From Sensor to Cloud
AWS IoT is a managed cloud platform that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices. It can support billions of devices, trillions of messages, process and route those messages to AWS endpoints and to other devices reliably and securely. With AWS IoT, your applications can keep track of and communicate with all your devices, all the time, even when not connected.
The security is addressed using WolfSSL features. The wolfSSL embedded SSL library is a lightweight, portable, C-language-based SSL/TLS library targeted at IoT, embedded and RTOS environments primarily because of its size, speed and feature set. It works seamlessly in desktop, enterprise and cloud environments as well.
The kit is controlled by a PIC32MZ EF 32-bit microcontroller that offers 2 MB Flash and provides plenty of memory space for your application. This IoT kit provides a smooth user experience with a preloaded firmware allowing the communication with AWS IoT. Additionally, the kit makes use of MPLAB® Harmony, FreeRTOS™ and WolfMQTT.
What can you do with the kit?
- Connect your PIC32MZ EF to AWS IoT and start prototyping your IoT solution from sensor to Cloud
- Setup an AWS IoT account to work with the IoT Ethernet Kit
- Reduce your time to market by leveraging the firmware as a base for your IoT solution and add your code to address the targeted use cases.
- Use the board design as a foundation to your solution
- Customize the Insight on Things Desktop Application to achieve your prototyping goals
How do you use the kit?
- Simply go to the user's guide on : https://github.com/MicrochipTech/aws-iot-firmware-pic32mz/blob/master/documents/iot-ethernet-out-of-box-guide.md
- Choose your sensor from mikroe.com
- Start prototyping!