Re:Is it possible to use two Pickit 3(or Pickit 2) units from the same PC.
It is possible to use multiple PICkit 2 with MPLAB 8.x and/or the PICkit2 Programmer software.
To do this:
1) Plug the PIckit 2 units one at a time into the PC
A) Using the PIckit 2 Programmer Software (v2.61) Select "Tools > Calibrate VDD & Set Unit ID"
B) Give each unit a unique name for the Unit ID, and make sure you mark the actual PIckit 2 so you know what Unit ID it has
2) Plug BOTH pickit2 units into the PC
3) Open MPLAB 8.xx and when you select pickit2 as Debugger or Programmer, it will ask to select one by the Unit ID
4) Open another MPLAB instance and select the other pickit2 unit (MPLAB may complain about having 2 instances open but it seems to work fine)
- If you reopen the PIckit2 Programmer software with more than 1 pickit 2 connected, it will also ask which Unit ID to use