• AVR Freaks

Best Way to Get a Landscape Display

Author
horkinc
  • Total Posts : 27
  • Reward points : 0
2011/04/07 10:26:29 (permalink)

Best Way to Get a Landscape Display

I've got a Multimedia Expansion Board (Has a touch screen).  I need to have a display that is in a portrait format.  There isn't an obvious way to configure my code to run this way (the default is landscape).  I figure there are two options:

1) Change the defines and use a different screen orientation, then remap the touch controls.  I've dabbled in this, but it seems messy and doesn't give me a correct looking screen.

2) When designing the GUI using GDD, design sideways, so that it is already in a landscape format.  The problem with this is that I can't get the text to rotate correctly.  I've tried using the SetFontOrientation() macro, but the text doesn't seem to end up inside the buttons as I want it to.

Any suggestions as to the best way to solve this problem?
Thanks.

2 Replies Related Threads

horkinc
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re:Best Way to Get a Landscape Display 2011/04/07 11:03:33 (permalink)
    I guess I have overcomplicated this.  I had originally switched the horizontal and vertical resolutions when I changed the orientation.  If you don't do that, everything works fine.
    mlg09001
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 85
    Re:Best Way to Get a Landscape Display 2015/04/29 14:02:05 (permalink)
    How did you solve this? If I just change the disp_orientation the screen is flipped but the touchscreen does not change from the original.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5