Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16

Author
adriaan
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
2008/10/13 07:59:10 (permalink)

Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16

Hi there,

Hi am new to the explorer 16 and graphics pictail board. I have tried to get a demo working on these boards with no success.

I tried the code from the masters CD but only a white/blank screen appears. When i touch the screen the buzzer buzzes once and nothing else happens.

I have tried this with the 24F PIM that was included with the Explorer 16 board and with a pic32MX460F512L with the same results.
Werther more, when a connect to my ICD2 when using the PIC32, it gives an incorrect device id error.

Can anybody please steer me in the right direction on how to get these boards working. I looked around but cant really find any demos I could use.

Thank you

Adriaan

19 Replies Related Threads

Kiwi Mike AZ
    • Total Posts : 2044
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2008/10/13 10:25:01 (permalink)
    Question:
    1. What version of the Graphics demo do you have? Version 1 or Version 2.

Possible solutions:

1. To the "Device ID" error - Download and upgrade MPLAB to 8.14, fixes alot of issues especially related to PIC32

2. Downloaded latest Graphics library from Microchips website.
        If you have Version 1 Graphics board you will need to change an included driver file and a #define in a header file.
        Will give more details if you have a V1 graphics board

Mike

adriaan
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2008/10/14 01:59:56 (permalink)
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for you post.

I have a ver. 2 graphics board.

I downloaded the MPLAB 8.14 but it does not work and wont connect to my ICD2. (ICD0042: API: Error response (Device not ready (0x12)))

The graphics lib I have is 1.52 (i think it is the latest).

I tried a few times with fresh installs of all software on the PIC32 and pic24 with the same results.

Please help...

Thank you

Adriaan

adriaan
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2008/10/16 02:44:46 (permalink)
    Please someone....!

I really am desperate for help.

robhaverkort
    • Total Posts : 126
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2008/10/16 05:53:33 (permalink)
    I downloaded the MPLAB 8.14 but it does not work and wont connect to my ICD2. (ICD0042: API: Error response (Device not ready (0x12)))
    Solve this first before trying the graphics board/api

Rob
    Kiwi Mike AZ
    • Total Posts : 2044
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2008/10/16 08:18:17 (permalink)
    Are you running XP or Vista?

If you are running Vista a different Driver may be required

(ICD0042: API: Error response (Device not ready (0x12)))

From The Help File....

ICD0042: API: Error response (ErrorString (ErrorNumber))
    Description: MPLAB ICD 2 sent an error message in response to an MPLAB IDE message. The error string and number are given for debugging.
    ErrorCode  Meaning 
    00  Unsupported command 
    01  Framing Error 
    02  Size Error 
    03  Timeout Error 
    04  Command Checksum Error 
    05  Data Checksum Error 
    06  Invalid Parameter 
    07  Command Failed 
    08  Low Level Comm Error

..... 0x12 is not in the list which means you have something weird.

Mike

---------------------------------------------
    V.I.S.T.A. = Virally Infecting Systems To Annihilation
    goonerism_speek
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2008/10/24 06:09:28 (permalink)
    I keep getting: "ICD0042: API: Error response (Device not ready (0x12))" with my ICD2 using an MA320002. Just upgraded to 8.15 and it's still happening. In case it was a damaged ICD I opened a project for a PIC18F4680 product of ours and got:

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
    ...Connected
    ICDWarn0030: MPLAB ICD2 is about to download a new operating system.  If MPLAB IDE is just starting, it will appear to "hang" at the splash screen.  Please be patient.  MPLAB IDE will finish it's initialization after the OS is downloaded.  (Note:  You may wish to select to ignore this warning in the future.)
    Downloading Operating System
    ...Connected
    Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2
    ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x74, read=0x0)
    ...Reading ICD Product ID
    Running ICD Self Test
    ...Passed
    ...Download Operating System Succeeded
    ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x74, read=0x0)
    Running ICD Self Test
    ...Passed
    MPLAB ICD 2 ready for next operation

Connected a board and programmed:

...Connected
    Target Device PIC18F4680 found, revision = Rev 0x4
    Running ICD Self Test
    ...Passed
    Programming Target...
    ...Validating configuration fields
    ICDWarn0072:  MPLAB ICD2 may not be able to enter debug mode with this device if the power up timer is enabled.  Would you like to disable the power up timer?
    ...Erasing Part
    ...Loading DebugExecutive
    ...Programming DebugExecutive
    ...Programming Debug Vector
    ...Programming RSBUG
    ...Programming User IDs
    Verifying...
    ...User ID Memory
    ...Debug Executive
    ...Debug Vector
    ...Verify Succeeded
    Programming Configuration Bits
    .. Config Memory
    Verifying configuration memory...
    ...Verify Succeeded
    Connecting to debug executive
    ...Programming succeeded
    24-Oct-2008, 14:04:05

All sweet as.
    So now I disconnect the PIC18F4680, open a skeleton PIC32MX460F512L project and hit connect:

...Connected
    ICDWarn0030: MPLAB ICD2 is about to download a new operating system.  If MPLAB IDE is just starting, it will appear to "hang" at the splash screen.  Please be patient.  MPLAB IDE will finish it's initialization after the OS is downloaded.  (Note:  You may wish to select to ignore this warning in the future.)
    Downloading Operating System
    ...Connected
    ICD0042: API:  Error response (Device not ready (0x12))
    Running ICD Self Test
    ...Passed
    ...Download Operating System Succeeded
    ICD0042: API:  Error response (Device not ready (0x12))
    Running ICD Self Test
    ...Passed

Aaaarrrggghhh!
    An Ideas?

xiaofan
    • Total Posts : 6247
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2008/10/24 08:18:58 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: goonerism_speek

I believe you can not do this with PIC24/PIC32.

USB_Links and libusb
    goonerism_speek
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2008/10/24 08:30:36 (permalink)
    Good point, thanks. It's grayed out and not checked in the settings dialog for the ICD2. Anybody know what I'd need to edit to stop it trying to do this?
    jberri01
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2008/11/06 18:26:37 (permalink)
    I'd like to get a project going using the Graphics PICtail Plus Board. I have followed the New project directions in the Microchip Graphics Library help file and can't seem to get anything going. I am currently using MPLAB IDE v8.15a and MPLAB C30 v3.11.  I have posted a Ticket with the build output and it has been several days and no response...  Can any of you guys help I am at wits end here...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Debug build of project `C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\GraphicsProject.mcp' started.
    Preprocessor symbol `__DEBUG' is defined.
    Thu Nov 06 20:25:50 2008
    Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\Window.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\Button.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\CheckBox.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\EditBox.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\GOL.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\GOLFontDefault.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\GroupBox.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\LGDP4531_R61505_S6D0129_S6D0139_SPFD5408.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\ListBox.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\Meter.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\Picture.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\Primitive.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\ProgressBar.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\RadioButton.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\RoundDial.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\Slider.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\StaticText.o".
    Clean: Deleted file "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\GraphicsProject.o".
    Clean: Done.
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Window.c" -o"Window.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c" -o"Button.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\CheckBox.c" -o"CheckBox.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\EditBox.c" -o"EditBox.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\GOL.c" -o"GOL.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\GOLFontDefault.c" -o"GOLFontDefault.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\GroupBox.c" -o"GroupBox.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\LGDP4531_R61505_S6D0129_S6D0139_SPFD5408.c" -o"LGDP4531_R61505_S6D0129_S6D0139_SPFD5408.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\ListBox.c" -o"ListBox.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Meter.c" -o"Meter.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Picture.c" -o"Picture.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Primitive.c" -o"Primitive.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\ProgressBar.c" -o"ProgressBar.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\RadioButton.c" -o"RadioButton.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\RoundDial.c" -o"RoundDial.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c" -o"Slider.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\StaticText.c" -o"StaticText.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 -x c -c   "C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\GraphicsProject.c" -o"GraphicsProject.o" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include\Graphics" -I"C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Include" -D__DEBUG -g -Wall
    C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\GraphicsProject.c: In function 'main':
    C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\GraphicsProject.c:8: warning: unused variable 'msg'
    C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\GraphicsProject.c:60:9: warning: no newline at end of file
    Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=24FJ128GA010 "Window.o" "Button.o" "CheckBox.o" "EditBox.o" "GOL.o" "GOLFontDefault.o" "GroupBox.o" "LGDP4531_R61505_S6D0129_S6D0139_SPFD5408.o" "ListBox.o" "Meter.o" "Picture.o" "Primitive.o" "ProgressBar.o" "RadioButton.o" "RoundDial.o" "Slider.o" "StaticText.o" "GraphicsProject.o" -o"GraphicsProject.cof" -Wl,-L"C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\lib",--script="..\..\..\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\support\PIC24F\gld\p24FJ128GA010.gld",--defsym=__MPLAB_BUILD=1,--defsym=__MPLAB_DEBUG=1,--heap=3000,-Map="GraphicsProject.map",--report-mem
    Slider.o(.text+0x82): In function `SldCreate':
    C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c:95: undefined reference to `_pDefaultGolScheme'
    Slider.o(.text+0x92):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c:99: undefined reference to `GOLAddObject'
    Slider.o(.text+0x4c0): In function `SldDraw':
    C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c:619: undefined reference to `_rpnlX1'
    Slider.o(.text+0x4c6):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlY1'
    Slider.o(.text+0x4cc):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlX2'
    Slider.o(.text+0x4d2):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlY2'
    Slider.o(.text+0x4d6):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlR'
    Slider.o(.text+0x4da):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlFaceColor'
    Slider.o(.text+0x4fc):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlEmbossLtColor'
    Slider.o(.text+0x51e):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlEmbossDkColor'
    Slider.o(.text+0x522):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_pRpnlBitmap'
    Slider.o(.text+0x526):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlEmbossSize'
    Slider.o(.text+0x546):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c:643: undefined reference to `GOLPanelDrawTsk'
    Slider.o(.text+0x7e2):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c:775: undefined reference to `_rpnlX1'
    Slider.o(.text+0x7e6):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlY1'
    Slider.o(.text+0x7ea):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlX2'
    Slider.o(.text+0x7ee):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlY2'
    Slider.o(.text+0x7f2):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlR'
    Slider.o(.text+0x7f6):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlFaceColor'
    Slider.o(.text+0x7fe):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlEmbossLtColor'
    Slider.o(.text+0x806):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlEmbossDkColor'
    Slider.o(.text+0x80a):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_pRpnlBitmap'
    Slider.o(.text+0x80e):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlEmbossSize'
    Slider.o(.text+0x814):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Slider.c:786: undefined reference to `GOLPanelDrawTsk'
    Button.o(.text+0x6e): In function `BtnCreate':
    C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c:80: undefined reference to `_pDefaultGolScheme'
    Button.o(.text+0xb0):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c:91: undefined reference to `GOLAddObject'
    Button.o(.text+0x254): In function `BtnDraw':
    C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c:304: undefined reference to `_rpnlX1'
    Button.o(.text+0x25e):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlY1'
    Button.o(.text+0x268):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlX2'
    Button.o(.text+0x272):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlY2'
    Button.o(.text+0x276):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlR'
    Button.o(.text+0x27a):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlFaceColor'
    Button.o(.text+0x27e):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c: unde
    Program Memory Usage
    section                    address   length (PC units)   length (bytes) (dec)
    -------                    -------   -----------------   --------------------
    .reset                           0                 0x4             0x6  (6)
    .ivt                           0x4                0xfc           0x17a  (378)
    .aivt                        0x104                0xfc           0x17a  (378)
    .text                        0x200               0x20c           0x312  (786)
    .const                       0x40c                 0xc            0x12  (18)
    .text                        0x418              0x29bc          0x3e9a  (16026)
    .dinit                      0x2dd4                0x32            0x4b  (75)
    .isr                        0x2e06                 0x2             0x3  (3)
    __CONFIG2                  0x157fc                 0x2             0x3  (3)
    __CONFIG1                  0x157fe                 0x2             0x3  (3)
                         Total program memory used (bytes):         0x450c  (17676) 13%

Data Memory Usage
    section                    address      alignment gaps    total length  (dec)
    -------                    -------      --------------    -------------------
    .nbss                        0x800                   0            0x6a  (106)
    .ndata                       0x86a                   0             0x2  (2)
    .nbss                        0x86c                   0             0x2  (2)
    .data                        0x86e                   0             0x6  (6)
                            Total data memory used (bytes):           0x74  (116) 1%

Dynamic Memory Usage
    region                     address                      maximum length  (dec)
    ------                     -------                      ---------------------
    heap                         0x874                               0xbb8  (3000)
    stack                       0x142c                              0x13d4  (5076)
                            Maximum dynamic memory (bytes):         0x1f8c  (8076)
    fined reference to `_rpnlEmbossLtColor'
    Button.o(.text+0x282):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlEmbossDkColor'
    Button.o(.text+0x288):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c: undefined reference to `_pRpnlBitmap'
    Button.o(.text+0x28c):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c: undefined reference to `_rpnlEmbossSize'
    Button.o(.text+0x292):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\Button.c:311: undefined reference to `GOLPanelDrawTsk'
    GraphicsProject.o(.text+0x2): In function `main':
    C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\GraphicsProject.c:11: undefined reference to `GOLInit'
    GraphicsProject.o(.text+0x58):C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\Graphics\GraphicsProject.c:42: undefined reference to `GOLDraw'
    Link step failed.
    Debug build of project `C:\MyProject\Microchip Solutions\GraphicsProject\GraphicsProject.mcp' failed.
    Preprocessor symbol `__DEBUG' is defined.
    Thu Nov 06 20:26:12 2008
    BUILD FAILED

peertje888
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/04/28 00:56:35 (permalink)
    Same problem here.

I suppose you also tried to follow the steps in Misc Topics->Starting a New Project of the helpfile: Application Libs\Microchip\Help\Graphics Library Help.chm
    post edited by peertje888 - 2009/04/28 01:08:40
    peertje888
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/04/28 07:29:54 (permalink)
    Got it working...I took a look at the project located at Application Libs\Graphics AN1246\AN1246Demo PIC24.mcp
    I discovered a couple of things different of the help file I mentioned previously:

1. The list of include directories didn't contain the include\graphics map...so I deleted this one.
    2. The file GraphicsConfig.h had the line #define USE_GOL uncommented. So this one I added to my GraphicsConfig.h
    3. A specific set of files in two subfolders in the projecttree:
    Source Files\Graphics
    DisplayDriver.c
    GOL.c
    GOLFontDefault.c
    Primitive.c
    Header Files\Graphics
    DisplayDriver.h
    GOL.h
    Graphics.h
    GraphicsConfig.h
    HardwareProfile.h
    Primitive.h
    ScanCodes.h

After that the linker nagged about a missing GOLDrawCallback and GOLMsgCallback function, but when you read GOL.h you discover that you have the write these functions yourself as they will actually do the drawing and event handling.

Good luck!
    Nehmind
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/05/06 07:01:10 (permalink)
    I have a prolem, I am using [dsPIC30F6014A] device, and i need to find a location of a exe file name [ MPLAB ASM30 Suite\bin\pic30-gcc.exe]
    But the problem is I don't have the file inside the bin and I habc search the whole company and it do exist, Where can I download the file
    Pls help !

jmag99
    • Total Posts : 486
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/05/06 07:05:41 (permalink)
    Sounds like you need to download the C30 compiler from the Microchip website.
    Nehmind
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/05/06 07:43:58 (permalink)
    jmag99
    • Total Posts : 486
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/05/06 07:45:47 (permalink)
    You want the one for dsPIC since that is the chip you are using right?
    Nehmind
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/05/06 08:51:33 (permalink)
    Ya so i go for either number 1 or 2, But which 1
    xiaofan
    • Total Posts : 6247
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/05/06 21:52:59 (permalink)
    First one. You also need to upgrade your MPLAB to version 8.30.
    The 2nd one is for PIC32.

USB_Links and libusb
    Nehmind
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/05/13 00:59:51 (permalink)
    I Need Help Again...
    I now have Upgrade to V8.30 MPLAB, then Now I need [tut.6014A.c] file because I only have the [.s] file
    Help Any 1 ??

And with the data sheet of
    dsPIC30F
    latest version ??
    I only have the version that is release in 2006
    thanks for the help
    LMG_03
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Graphics Pictail and Explorer 16 2009/06/05 17:10:18 (permalink)
    Hello, I have a problem whit GOL library. when I include this library in my proyect this not works, and appear this list of errors:

GOL.o(.text+0xee): In function `GOLCreateScheme':
    C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:204: undefined reference to `GOLFontDefault'
    GOL.o(.text+0xfa): In function `GOLInit':
    C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:227: undefined reference to `InitGraph'
    GOL.o(.text+0x11c): In function `GOLFree':
    C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:259: undefined reference to `LbDelItemsList'
    GOL.o(.text+0x128):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:263: undefined reference to `GridFreeItems'
    GOL.o(.text+0x1ac): In function `GOLDraw':
    C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:355: undefined reference to `GOLDrawCallback'
    GOL.o(.text+0x20c):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:371: undefined reference to `BtnDraw'
    GOL.o(.text+0x214):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:391: undefined reference to `EbDraw'
    GOL.o(.text+0x21c):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:396: undefined reference to `LbDraw'
    GOL.o(.text+0x224):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:401: undefined reference to `SldDraw'
    GOL.o(.text+0x22c):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:411: undefined reference to `StDraw'
    GOL.o(.text+0x234):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:416: undefined reference to `PictDraw'
    GOL.o(.text+0x23c):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:426: undefined reference to `RdiaDraw'
    GOL.o(.text+0x244):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:441: undefined reference to `GridDraw'
    GOL.o(.text+0x368): In function `GOLMsg':
    C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:536: undefined reference to `BtnTranslateMsg'
    GOL.o(.text+0x376):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:539: undefined reference to `GOLMsgCallback'
    GOL.o(.text+0x382):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:540: undefined reference to `BtnMsgDefault'
    GOL.o(.text+0x38a):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:571: undefined reference to `EbTranslateMsg'
    GOL.o(.text+0x398):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:574: undefined reference to `GOLMsgCallback'
    GOL.o(.text+0x3a4):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:575: undefined reference to `EbMsgDefault'
    GOL.o(.text+0x3ac):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:580: undefined reference to `LbTranslateMsg'
    GOL.o(.text+0x3ba):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:583: undefined reference to `GOLMsgCallback'
    GOL.o(.text+0x3c6):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:584: undefined reference to `LbMsgDefault'
    GOL.o(.text+0x3ce):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:589: undefined reference to `SldTranslateMsg'
    GOL.o(.text+0x3dc):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:592: undefined reference to `GOLMsgCallback'
    GOL.o(.text+0x3e8):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:593: undefined reference to `SldMsgDefault'
    GOL.o(.text+0x3f0):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:610: undefined reference to `StTranslateMsg'
    GOL.o(.text+0x3fe):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:613: undefined reference to `GOLMsgCallback'
    GOL.o(.text+0x406):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:618: undefined reference to `PictTranslateMsg'
    GOL.o(.text+0x414):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:621: undefined reference to `GOLMsgCallback'
    GOL.o(.text+0x41c):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:627: undefined reference to `RdiaTranslateMsg'
    GOL.o(.text+0x42a):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:630: undefined reference to `GOLMsgCallback'
    GOL.o(.text+0x436):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:631: undefined reference to `RdiaMsgDefault'
    GOL.o(.text+0x43e):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:657: undefined reference to `GridTranslateMsg'
    GOL.o(.text+0x44c):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:660: undefined reference to `GOLMsgCallback'
    GOL.o(.text+0x458):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:661: undefined reference to `GridMsgDefault'
    GOL.o(.text+0x4dc): In function `GOLPanelDrawTsk':
    C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:807: undefined reference to `Arc'
    GOL.o(.text+0x516):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:819: undefined reference to `Arc'
    GOL.o(.text+0x55e):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:833: undefined reference to `Bar'
    GOL.o(.text+0x5a4):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:846: undefined reference to `Bar'
    GOL.o(.text+0x5f0):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:861: undefined reference to `Bar'
    GOL.o(.text+0

Program Memory Usage

section                    address   length (PC units)   length (bytes) (dec)
    -------                    -------   -----------------   --------------------
    .reset                           0                 0x4             0x6  (6)
    .ivt                           0x4                0xfc           0x17a  (378)
    .aivt                        0x104                0xfc           0x17a  (378)
    .text                        0x200              0x1240          0x1b60  (7008)
    .dinit                      0x1440                0x30            0x48  (72)
    .isr                        0x1470                 0x2             0x3  (3)

Total program memory used (bytes):         0x1ea5  (7845) 2%

Data Memory Usage

section                    address      alignment gaps    total length  (dec)
    -------                    -------      --------------    -------------------
    .nbss                        0x800                   0            0x18  (24)
    .nbss                        0x818                   0             0xc  (12)
    .ndata                       0x824                   0             0x8  (8)
    .ndata                       0x82c                   0             0x6  (6)
    .nbss                        0x832                   0             0x2  (2)
    .nbss                        0x834                   0             0x2  (2)

Total data memory used (bytes):           0x36  (54) <1%

Dynamic Memory Usage

region                     address                      maximum length  (dec)
    ------                     -------                      ---------------------
    heap                         0x836                               0xfa0  (4000)
    stack                       0x17d6                              0x302a  (12330)

Maximum dynamic memory (bytes):         0x3fca  (16330)

x636):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:874: undefined reference to `Bar'
    GOL.o(.text+0x748):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:902: undefined reference to `FillBevel'
    GOL.o(.text+0x780):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:906: undefined reference to `Bar'
    GOL.o(.text+0x7b0):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:923: undefined reference to `Bevel'
    GOL.o(.text+0x7e2):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:925: undefined reference to `Bevel'
    GOL.o(.text+0x800):C:\Microchip Starter Kits\Host\GOL.c:940: undefined reference to `Bevel'
    Link step failed.

what I doing bad?

thanK for yours help!!
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5