Author
ffoleySTT
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
2017/04/11 00:06:23 (permalink)

Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work

Hi Everyone I'm a noob!

I have a Win7 pc and just received a PIC32MZ EF Curiosity Board and the Ethernet Daughterboard as I have an application in mind for this type of unit in a webserver application.

I have MPLAB X IDE 3.55 and MPLAB XC32 Free Compiler.

I am interested in the tcpip tcp client server demo.

When I start the program with tcpip tcp client server as the project I get this message (only showing a few lines).

Error: Project "tcpip_tcp_client_server" refers to file "gzlog.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
Error: Project "tcpip_tcp_client_server" refers to file "crc32.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
Error: Project "tcpip_tcp_client_server" refers to file "deflate.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
Error: Project "tcpip_tcp_client_server" refers to file "inffast.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
Error: Project "tcpip_tcp_client_server" refers to file "inffixed.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
Error: Project "tcpip_tcp_client_server" refers to file "inflate.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.

Can anyone help to figure out what I'm doing wrong?

When I try to Clean and build the project I get this:

Attached Image(s)

12 Replies Related Threads

MidSage
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2017/08/19 22:17:05 (permalink)
    I'm having the exact same problem with the PIC32MZ EF Curiosity Board.  I'm on Win 10 with MPLAB X IDE 4.00. This thing has been driving me nuts for over a week.  Did you ever find a solution?
    JackFF
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2017/08/21 10:42:54 (permalink)
    midsage
    I'm having the exact same problem with the PIC32MZ EF Curiosity Board.  I'm on Win 10 with MPLAB X IDE 4.00. This thing has been driving me nuts for over a week.  Did you ever find a solution?

You need to use Harmony Version 2: http://www.microchip.com/mplab/mplab-harmony

Don't forget to install 
    • MPLAB Harmony Configurator (MHC) v2.04.xx
    That should sort you out.
    RISC
    • Total Posts : 5776
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2017/09/16 15:00:00 (permalink)
    Hi,
    Install the MHC plugin from your installed Harmony directory to makesure it matches the Harmony version
    http://microchipdeveloper.com/harmony:mhc-installation
    Regards

MisterHemi
    • Total Posts : 276
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2017/11/07 19:59:45 (permalink)
    I having the exact same problem but i'm using a Mac instead of Windows.

I checked the plug-ins and they're fine. I deleted everything this morning, downloaded the current versions of everything and did a clean install.

I took screenshots but can't seem to post them here. It shows the plug-in is installed and it's the most recent one.

MisterHemi
    • Total Posts : 276
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2017/11/09 12:46:48 (permalink)
    Strange enough the problem only seems to exist when trying to run the examples. However everything seems correct. I selected the right processor and right board.

I had tried writing some test programs before but they had the same issues, now I tried again using other online 3rd party documents and tutorials and things are starting to work.

I did find in some instances after writing the programs I had to quit MPLAB X and restart it (strange) then it would reconnect with my board (Curiosity PIC MZ EF) then it would work fine.

I'm not sure where the issue laid, maybe a quirk or something in MPLAB X for MacOS.

My setup:
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with MacOS High Sierra (10.13.1)
    Curiosity PIC MZ EF
    Howard Long
    • Total Posts : 796
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2017/11/10 05:09:11 (permalink)
    3.5 (2)
    I'll also add that there is a bug in the 2.04 Harmony release MZ Curiosity BSP when using USB Host with bus powered devices like USB sticks. See the commented out line and its correction below:

void BSP_Initialize(void )
    {
        /* Setup the USB VBUS Switch Control Pin */
    //HL    BSP_USBVBUSSwitchStateSet(BSP_USB_VBUS_SWITCH_STATE_DISABLE);
        BSP_USBVBUSSwitchStateSet(BSP_USB_VBUS_SWITCH_STATE_ENABLE);

EdFlanagan
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2018/01/25 07:41:33 (permalink)
    I've had the same problems with the curiosity PIC32MZ EF board.  I'm using all the latest IDE 4.05, XC32 1.44, and Harmony 2.05.  I have not gotten a single example project to load and run properly.  Microchip has changed their library locations and contents dramatically after XC32 1.4X, and now use the Harmony libraries.  I've changed the path locations for XC32 and even resorted to moving the framework folder from its location in Harmony to C:\microchip.  That almost works, but not quite - it still cannot find all the files it wants.  Microchip has simply done a terrible job of making their new Harmony suite compatible with older projects.  I've spent weeks trying to get on the learning curve and have made new projects work using the simpler functions.  But with the more complex functions like USB and TCP/IP, it sure would be nice to have some sample projects that would function.  

I really regret going to the PIC32.  If I had it to do over, I would probably use the dsPIC.  They've made getting up the learning curve very difficult.  
    RISC
    • Total Posts : 5776
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2018/01/25 15:52:28 (permalink)
    Hi,

I have compiled several projects correctly with the same setup as you.
    I have compiled recently USB HOSt MSD basic and also a graphics demo and they both work Out of the box.
    My guess is that you may not have installed the right MHC configurator version.
    Just let the various packages install in their default directory.
    Do not change directory structure otherwise nothing will work...
    Harmony does have a learning curve because it uses abstraction.

Regards
    post edited by RISC - 2018/01/25 15:56:20
    Abit.strange
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2020/06/03 10:36:35 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    It would seem that the PIC3MZ2048EF Curiosity board has no support from microchip.  They make it look like it should work but I think it never will.  
    Considering taking out a hammer and fix it for good.  Tired of fighting Microchip dev tools
    Abit.strange
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2020/06/03 10:48:26 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    okay by by Microchip !
    I expect no support because I have not gotten any.
    It is time to smash up all my microchip dev boards and throw them in the trash.
    Ameteur hour is over.
    Price points are not everything as it turns out

NKurzman
    A Guy on the Net
    • Total Posts : 18860
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2020/06/03 11:27:31 (permalink)
    Which Version of Harmony?
    Which Version of the Curiosity Board?
    If it is a Newer Board Harmony 2 and 3 should have it.
    An Older Board may only be in Harmony 1, or maybe 2.
    nigelwright7557
    • Total Posts : 449
    Re: Gone Deranged from trying to get PIC32MZ EF Curiosity to work 2020/06/03 18:32:08 (permalink)
    5 (1)
     I had a strange problem with a previously working USB project.
    I upgraded to H2.06 and if I exited the pc program, waited 6 seconds and return the USB bus was locked out.
    So went back to 2.04 and its been fine since.

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5