Hot!High Speed PWM special event Trigger for ADC

Author
andreasmueller91
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2017/04/06 06:34:54 (permalink)

High Speed PWM special event Trigger for ADC

Hi together,

I'm tying to measure the current with the single shunt provided by the dspic 33ep256mc506 with SIMULINK. Therefore I need to trigger the ADC at certain times.
Does anyone know how to set the special event trigger in the high speed PWM module, or what values it needs?

Thanks a lot

3 Replies Related Threads

Lubin
    • Total Posts : 286
    • Reward points : 5
    Re: High Speed PWM special event Trigger for ADC 2017/04/11 02:00:52 (permalink)
    Hi Andreas,

We provide with the v3.38 and next releases a Sliding Mode Observer for PMSM motor which could illustrate ADC trig at one specific point of the PWM period.

In the PWM High Speed block GUI, you will find one input "Initial ADC Trigger (s)". You could set any value in SI (second) here. You could also make this trigger a block input allowing to update the trig point during run time (required with Single Shunt based Estimator).

In the ADC block, go to the Trig and Time Step panel. You could set the Trigger to "PWM Primary Special Event Trigger". 

It is then also possible to trig the simulink base rate time step at the end of the ADC conversion with the option: "Trig Time Step => With each update of the ADC block output".
    Make sure that the solver period match with the PWM/ADC trig period otherwise generated code will no be consistent.

Please see Single/Dual Shunt PMSM examples provided.

Lubin
    Shubham Patel
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: High Speed PWM special event Trigger for ADC 2017/08/12 01:00:50 (permalink)
    I am using v3.39, but did not find the option you are saying,
    I am using dspic33ep256GM710 chip.
    PWM Primary Special Event Trigger". NOT found in ADC block.
    Trig Time Step => With each update of the ADC block output. Not found

post edited by Shubham Patel - 2017/08/12 05:46:32
    MoritzH
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: High Speed PWM special event Trigger for ADC 2017/09/29 00:21:08 (permalink)
    Hi Shubham Patel,
    in case you have not found the Options stated already this is where you find them:
    In the ADC block open the tab Trig and Time Step and from the dropdown menu choose are done as fast as possible ; triggered by user define source. After that three new dropdown menus should appear offering the options in question.

Moritz
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5