Hot!Exiting the IDE will terminate the following processes

Author
BasicPoke
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 68
  • Reward points : 0
2015/01/15 08:18:12 (permalink)

Exiting the IDE will terminate the following processes

When I exit MPLAB X IDE v2.26, I get a dialog that says "Exiting the IDE will terminate the following processes:  Scanning projects, Checking for external changes."  This is a little odd.  It suddenly started.  Is there a problem I need to fix?
Thanks
Ron

2 Replies Related Threads

gbarry
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Exiting the IDE will terminate the following processes 2017/05/26 16:30:05 (permalink)
    I can still reproduce this as of v3.40  The popup message also says, "<projectname> (Build, Load, ...)".  From there I noticed the same "<projectname> (Build, Load, ...)" and a progress bar at the lower right of the IDE.  In the progress bar, it says, "debugger halted".

So, I pressed the "Finish Debug Session" (the red square) button, and now it exits without complaint.  It almost makes sense, since exiting with debug code left in your device will keep it from running.  You can reprogram the device to run normally, and there's nothing left running to prevent MPLAB from exiting.

Some Web searching taught me that this is all an artifact of the IDE's netbeans engine.
    ElwoodBlues
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re: Exiting the IDE will terminate the following processes 2018/02/13 13:17:12 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    The problem is still there in v4.05.   For me, it takes an hour or two of running the IDE, then the "checking for external changes" status appears in the status bar and never stops.  Also, the IDE stops parsing and all related functions stop working (code-highlighting, linking to objects/functions, etc.) 

Exiting the IDE gives the warning described by OP.   After exiting the IDE, the Java process continues running (as seen in Task Manager).   It then has to be manually killed. 

The problem has become MUCH worse in recent versions of the IDE.  I have only ONE project open, so it's not like I'm really putting a huge strain on the IDE.   This kind of problem makes the tool extremely frustrating to use. 
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5