Generated SQTP wrong with IPE 2.10
(I originally posted this in the ICD forum, before I realized there was a forum specifically for the IPE. I don't normally repost, but didn't see a way to move the message and thought people encountering SQTP issues were more likely to search here. -Brad)
I tried generating a sequence of 10 byte serial numbers using the SQTP generation feature of IPE 2.10, with the ICD3, for PIC12HV752. (I wanted long numbers so I could embed production date info.)
I found that the IPE-generated .num file contained the wrong sequence. The data was correct for the first chip, but the sequence reset to 1, 2, 3... for the second, third, fourth chip, etc. The upper bytes of the data were all reset to zero after the first chip.
I did some experimenting, and found that the IPE appears to generates the correct sequence if the number of bytes is 8 (16 hex digits) or less, but generates the incorrect sequence after the first chip if the number of bytes is 9 or more.
If you set the number of bytes to 15 or more, you get an error message when you try to generate the sequence, informing you that the number of bytes cannot be larger than 14. So evidently the program was intended to work for up to 14 bytes, but didn't use buffers big enough to hold data that long.
Example of the incorrect sequence generated by the IPE,
for start val=20140616000102030005, inc=01
start adr=210, # of bytes=10, # of parts=5