Hot!I set UTF-8, next reload comes up with ISO-8859-1 again

Author
jss
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
2012/02/10 16:02:29 (permalink)

I set UTF-8, next reload comes up with ISO-8859-1 again

Hello all,

Running on Ubuntu Oneiric linux with UTF-8, of course.

So, files produced by the compiler use the system encoding, UTF-8.
And so, MPLABX set for ISO-8859-1 gets all mixed-up when opening disassembly window, stopping highlighting and control at the first odd character. Sometimes it refuses to open the window at all.
It also happens, repeatable, that it completely hangs if I scroll the disassembly window to eof. The 'window' menu also gets a strange behavior, sometimes the menu options list just disappears.

Well, then I tried to change the project encoding to UTF-8 in the 'General' section of the 'Project Properties'. Then I translated all the source files to UTF-8, no BOM, and at first it seemed ok.

Surprise!! After closing and reopening mplabx, the encoding returns to ISO-8859-1 every time. Stubborn thing.

So I'm trapped, can somebody help, please?

rgds,
jss

2 Replies Related Threads

annapolis
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1808
    Re:I set UTF-8, next reload comes up with ISO-8859-1 again 2012/03/09 14:27:30 (permalink)
    What are the code page and  chars in your source code that is killing the disassembly view?
    Can you provide a code fragment that has those chars embedded ?

DungeonLords
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: I set UTF-8, next reload comes up with ISO-8859-1 again 2019/08/30 21:52:03 (permalink)
    the same problem

jss
    Hello all,

Running on Ubuntu Oneiric linux with UTF-8, of course.

So, files produced by the compiler use the system encoding, UTF-8.
    And so, MPLABX set for ISO-8859-1 gets all mixed-up when opening disassembly window, stopping highlighting and control at the first odd character. Sometimes it refuses to open the window at all.
    It also happens, repeatable, that it completely hangs if I scroll the disassembly window to eof. The 'window' menu also gets a strange behavior, sometimes the menu options list just disappears.

Well, then I tried to change the project encoding to UTF-8 in the 'General' section of the 'Project Properties'. Then I translated all the source files to UTF-8, no BOM, and at first it seemed ok.

Surprise!! After closing and reopening mplabx, the encoding returns to ISO-8859-1 every time. Stubborn thing.

So I'm trapped, can somebody help, please?

rgds,
    jss

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5