New to v2.7:
  • Device
    • Addition of CCID demo
    • Bug fixes and enhancements

• Host/OTG/Dual Role
    • Bug fixes and enhancements
    • Support for the PIC32 thumb drive boot loader

• PC Utilities
    • Driver installation example - this program example shows how to use the windows driver installation API.  

For more information about changes in this revision please refer to the new Revision History section in the MCHPFSUSB Library help file located in the "<install directory>\Microchip\Help" folder.

For more information about the software distribution that the MCHPFSUSB library is included in, please see the following link:
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2680&dDocName=en547784

This link is provided on the software page of the Microchip design center (www.microchip.com/usb).  This page includes current revision information, product family support, and seperate help file downloads.  Please take some time to review this page and the available documentation.

For more information about Microchip's USB offerings please refer to www.microchip.com/usb

For support, please contact http://support.microchip.com

21 Replies Related Threads

xiaofan
    • Total Posts : 6247
    • Reward points : 0
    RE: MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/05/13 22:14:23 (permalink)
    It is quite nice that the USB Application Team now have put a better version history in the help file. Thanks.

Library migration: v2.6a to v2.7
    No changes that would cause porting or migration issues.

Revision History: v2.6a to v2.7
    1. Fixed error where USBHandleGetAddr() didn't convert the return address from a physical address to a virtual address for PIC32.

Files affected: usb_device.h

2. Added macro versions of USBDeviceAttach() and USBDeviceDetach() so they will compile without error when using polling mode.

Files affected: usb_device.h

3. Fixes issue in dual role example where a device in polling mode can still have interrupts enabled from the host mode causing an incorrect vectoring to the host interrupt controller while in device mode.

Files affected: usb_hal_pic18.h, usb_hal_pic24.h, usb_hal-pic32.h, usb_device.c

4. Modified the SetConfigurationOptions() function for PIC32 to explicitly reconfigure the pull-up/pull-down settings for the D+/D- pins in case the host code leaves the pull-downs enabled when running in a dual role configuration.

Files affected: usb_hal_pic32.h

5. Fixed error where the USB error interrupt flag was not getting cleared properly for PIC32 resulting in extra error interrupts (http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=479085).

Files affected: usb_device.c

6. Updated the device stack to move to the configuration state only after the user event completes.

7. Fixed error in the part support list of the variables section where the address of the CDC variables are defined. The PIC18F2553 was incorrectly named PIC18F2453 and the PIC18F4558 was incorrectly named PIC18F4458 (http://www.microchip.com/forums/fb.aspx?m=487397).

Files affected: usb_function_cdc.c

8. Fixed an error where the USBHostClearEndpointErrors() function didn't properly return USB_SUCCESS if the errors were successfully cleared (http://www.microchip.com/forums/fb.aspx?m=490651).

Files affected: usb_host.c

9. Fixed issue where deviceInfoHID.rptDescriptor was incorrectly freed twice. The second free results in possible issues in future malloc() calls in the C32 compiler.

Files affected: usb_host_hid.c

10. Fixed an issue where the MSD client driver would issue a transfer events to an incorrect/invalid client driver number when transfer events are enabled.

Files affected: usb_host_msd.c

11. Fixed issue where a device that is already connected to the embedded host when the system is initialized may not enumerate.

12. Fixed issue where the embedded host or OTG device did not properly check bmRequestType when it thinks that a HALT_ENDPOINT request was sent to the device. This resulted in the DTS bits for the attached device getting reset causing possible communication issues.

13. Changed how the bus sensing works. In previous revisions it was impossible to use the USBDeviceDetach to detach from the bus if the bus voltage was still present. This is now possible. It was also possible to move the device to the ATTACHED state in interrupt mode even if the bus voltage wasn't available. This is now prohibited unless VBUS is present.

14. Added USBSleepOnSuspend() function. This function shows how to put the PIC24F to sleep while the USB module is in suspend and have the USB module wake up the device on activity on the bus.

Files affected: usb_hal_pic24.h, usb_hal_pic24.c

15. Modified the code to allow connection of USB-RS232 dongles that do not fully comply with CDC specifications.

Files affected: usb_host_cdc.h, usb_host_cdc.c, usb_host_cdc_interface.c, usb_host_interface.h

16. Modified API USBHostCDC_Api_Send_OUT_Data to allow data transfers more than 256 bytes.

Files affected: usb_host_cdc.h, usb_host_cdc.c, usb_host_cdc_interface.c, usb_host_interface.h

17. Improved error case handling when the host sends more OUT bytes in a control transfer than the firmware was expecting to receive (based on the size parameter when calling USBEP0Receive()).

18. Added CCID (Circuit Cards Interface Device) class device/function support.

Files affected: usb_function_ccid.h, usb_function_ccid.c

19. Added Audio v1 class embedded host support.

Files affected: usb_host_audio_v1.h, usb_host_audio_v1.c

DarioG
    Allmächtig.
    • Total Posts : 54081
    RE: MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/05/14 14:06:03 (permalink)
    I was wondering...
    can you provide a quick way to update a HID slave application to newer version i.e. only making some changes to some files?

would be very appreciated Smile

GENOVA :D :D ! GODO
    withnoname
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/08/02 18:45:10 (permalink)
    Hello *,

I have ordered the PIC18F14K50 and PIC32MX795 and like to evaluate it with the "USB Device - HID - Uninterruptible Power Supply" Example, but there is a problem

After decompressing the 82 MByte files I can not access any exampes, because it is an EXE file and I use only Debian GNU/Linux.  Several friends of me @University have the same problem...

Please Microcip Team, can you provide the examples with full sourcecode as plain ZIP/TAR archive?

Or can you, xiaofan help me to get the relevent files?  (I know you are using Linux)

Thanks

xiaofan
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/08/02 22:11:17 (permalink)
    Get a Windows machine to install the files, then you can copy them to the Linux. The university sure has some Windows machine, right?

Or you can try to use Wine to install the file under Linux. I have not tried this, but it should work.

I am still using Windows for PIC related work. It is way easier under Windows right now.

USB_Links and libusb
    withnoname
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/08/03 02:29:45 (permalink)
    I have no money to buy a new computer with Windows...
    ...and pirated software is no option for me!

We have Windos XP @Uni but not the right to install anything... and to
    get the files YOU HAVE to install it which give me some other problems,
    because no one like to install programs which are not used by them.

Oh and while compiling pk2cmd i get and usb.h error, even if I have the
    full (configured) kernel sources 2.6.26 and libusb-1.0-0-dev installed.

Greetings
    xiaofan
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/08/03 03:23:59 (permalink)
    The kernel source has nothing to do with libusb. And you need libusb 0.1, not libusb-1.0.

If libusb-0.1 is deprecated for your Linux distro, then you need to use libusb-compat-0.1.

Please go to http://www.libusb.org for more information about libusb-0.1 and libusb-1.0.

USB_Links and libusb
    xiaofan
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/08/03 03:24:43 (permalink)
    As for the installation, try WINE.

USB_Links and libusb
    withnoname
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/08/03 03:42:30 (permalink)
    xiaofan
    The kernel source has nothing to do with libusb. And you need libusb 0.1, not libusb-1.0.

If libusb-0.1 is deprecated for your Linux distro, then you need to use libusb-compat-0.1.

Please go to http://www.libusb.org for more information about libusb-0.1 and libusb-1.0.

Who think on such oldthings?

Now it compiled without any errors...

Thanks geek!

Now I have to get the example files...
    SimonAmpleman
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/08/25 06:15:14 (permalink)
    Hello, do you plan to port the new samples (usb host - keyboard, mouse, and such) to the Pic32 Starter Kit ?

I've tried yesterday to bring the usb keyboard host demo to my starter kit by removing all LCD related things and replace it with debugger output, it worked but the keyboard only gets 1 touch every 10 touches or such... I also tried to connect a BadCode scanner instead of the keyboard, and it accepted the device as a compliant HID keyboard but fails after a few usb hid initialization... :(

Thank you!

Simon
    SimonAmpleman
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2010/08/28 08:59:51 (permalink)
    I ported the code to the PIC32 Starter Kit and replaced the LCD functions to debugger output. When you plug a usb keyboard, it will say that a keyboard is connected and you can start typing characters that you will see in the MPLAB Output.

I also modified the source code to follow my programming rules. There is still a few comments missing.

Hope it can be useful to PIC32 Starter Kit owner.

Make sure you installed MCHPFUSB v2.7.

http://www.simonampleman.com/USBHost_HID_Keyboard_PIC32_Starter_Kit.zip

Simon
    Arlo
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2011/12/04 18:06:39 (permalink)
    Microchip spam?  ALL the links give me product search results.
    arunsharma0731@gmail.com
    • Total Posts : 104
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2012/03/20 11:22:23 (permalink)
      I had downloaded the Microhip USB Framework, now its very complicated to understand. What i did is, Make a circuit Similar to PICDEMFS Board. And put the Precompiled Hex file in the PIC18F4550 and run there application, everything works fine.. Now i just copy and paste all the files to another location as shown on this site http://roboticsguy.com/tu...s/mic...-cdc-framework But for HID-Simple-Demo okay I build my Project it builds successfully, but when i put the hex code it doesn't work.. Don't know why.. I again put the precompiled hex file it works... Then i though may be there is some problem in by build process, So then i open the project directory given by microchip framework.. They don't put there hex codes there they just copy the hex file to Someother location.. Now what i did, open the Microchip Framework Project for USB-HID-Demo and Build it, Then a hex file is generated and after that i put that in my controller, that also doesn't work I am doing some thing wrong. If yes then pls tell me.. Thanks in Advance
    embpic
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2014/04/03 04:19:42 (permalink)
    i am using pic18f4550 and xc8 compiler. but all the usb code from MCHPFSUSB requires C18 compiler. please provide me for XC8 compiler.
    i need CDC based communication.

i also new to pic and don't how to use MCHPFSUSB  for doing project so if any one provide tutprial for us it will be very helpful.

Regards,
    Embpic.
    embpic
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2014/04/09 05:33:50 (permalink)
    MCHPFSUSB doesn't contain PIC18f4550 pic. so from where i can get this.
    please provide any feedback bcoz from long time i was looking for USB programming.

Regards,
    Embpic.
    vloki
    Jo, alla!
    • Total Posts : 6815
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2014/04/09 07:28:15 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Take the configurations for the full speed usb demo board coming with the MLA

If you plan to use HID or CDC you may have a look at Simplified Microchip USB demo projects (HID / CDC; PIC18)

Uffbasse !
    zimou13
    • Total Posts : 17
    Flagged as Spam (4)
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2018/03/30 04:33:48 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    I am trying to start designing USB devices using the pic18f4550. I would like to figure out how the framework actually hangs together, for example, which files to include, which files to modify and which files are required to be created. Has any one seen a tutorial on how to design a project from scratch. Microchip's documentation is definitely not designed for some one who is not familiar with the framework. 
    ShowBox Kodi Lucky Patcher
    mpgmike
    • Total Posts : 480
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2019/06/04 19:11:45 (permalink)

For more information about the software distribution that the MCHPFSUSB library is included in, please see the following link:
    http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2680&dDocName=en547784

This link comes up 404.  Is Microchip doing house cleaning, or is this link dead?

I don't need the world to know my name, but I want to live a life so all my great-grandchildren proudly remember me.
    ric
    • Total Posts : 28731
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2019/06/04 19:43:41 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    That link is in a nine year old post.
    MC have reorganised their website a few times since then.
    You can see an archive of that page here:
    http://www.microchip.com/...&dDocName=en547784]http://web.archive.org/web/20130502070327/http://www.microchip.com/...&dDocName=en547784[/link]

I also post at: PicForum
    Links to useful PIC information: http://picforum.ric323.co...opic.php?f=59&t=15
    NEW USERS: Posting images, links and code - workaround for restrictions.
    To get a useful answer, always state which PIC you are using!
    davekw7x
    Entropy++
    • Total Posts : 1891
    Re:MCHPFSUSB v2.7 Released 2019/06/05 08:10:14 (permalink)
    mpgmike

http://www.microchip.com/...&dDocName=en547784

This link comes up 404.  Is Microchip doing house cleaning, or is this link dead?

Like Jacob Marley in A Christmas Carol, it is "as dead as a doornail."

Here's what happened almost six years ago:

Sometime between Microchip Libraries for Applications (they used to call them "Microchip Solutions") v2013-06-15 and Microchip Libraries for Applications v2013-12-20 Microchip declared MCHPFSUSB obsolete and started supplying a new framework.  These days MLA is a separate download, not automatically supplied with a compiler.  The USB Framework is part of MLA.

Over the years, a USB Framework and sample applications were supplied in MLA for various 8-bit, 16-bit, and even, for a while, 32-bit USB-enabled chips.

Bottom line: If you will tell us exactly what you have in mind, maybe someone can offer help with devices and applications supported by MLA.  (I have several active projects that started as demo applications in recent MLA, including v2018-11-26.)

Of course, it should go without saying: For more information, start a new thread.  Let this one rejoin Marley's Ghost.

[/Begin Edit]
    Your question is very reasonable since the thread is a "sticky" at the very top of this sub-forum.  I kept hoping that maybe, just maybe, someone from Microchip would give out specific information about the obsoleteness of MCHPFSUSB.  (Or, at the very least, just remove the stickiness so it could sink to the bottom of the list of posts and wouldn't be staring us in the face all of the time.)  Since that has not happened, I decided to put out some information for the benefit of people who haven't been dealing with USB on PIC devices all these years.  It's not a matter of someone at Microchip absent-mindedly not updating web links to MCHPFSUSB; it's a matter of no-longer-relevant.  Ever.
    [/End Edit]

Regards,

Dave
    post edited by davekw7x - 2019/06/05 09:01:41

Sometimes I just can't help myself...
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5