Here is a few more information about the POGO pin tips:
1. Select the right tip for pogo pin cable: http://www.auelectronics.com/forum/index.php/topic,42.msg128.html#msg128
2. Application for Spherical Radius Tip: http://www.auelectronics.com/forum/index.php/topic,42.msg129.html#msg129
3. Application for Conical Tip: http://www.auelectronics.com/forum/index.php/topic,42.msg130.html#msg130
4. Application for Chisel Tip: http://www.auelectronics.com/forum/index.php/topic,42.msg131.html#msg131
5. Application for Serrated Tip: http://www.auelectronics.com/forum/index.php/topic,42.msg132.html#msg132
Each of the tip design might just got its own pros and cons which makes it hard to find a one for all solution. The tip on all our "pogo pin header" and "pogo pin cable" are replaceable, the tip can be change to other style or replaced by the same style after 1 million cycles of usage (typical wear-out life). We can also provide different tips per customer request.
So far, the spherical radius tip has been used on white appliance assembly line with very good feedback. It is also used for large quantity of "home entertainment system" manufacturing plant. We got the same good result at our own facility too.
The spring contact probe technology (such as pogo-pin devices) is such a widely adopted technology, there might be many more experience from others, which is welcome to be shared here or our forum: http://www.auelectronics.com/forum/index.php/topic,42.0.html