LockedWelcome and Etiquette

Author
jfd-old
  • Total Posts : 112
  • Reward points : 0
2004/05/07 08:33:31 (permalink)

Welcome and Etiquette

Hello!

Welcome to the Visual Device Initializer Forum.

Anything about VDI is fair game here, but there are a couple of things that will make us transfer information more effectively:

1.) Nothing personal - We're talking about VDI here, not the people who wrote it or the people who use it. The less heat that you put into it, the less heat that we'll all experience reading it. In extreme cases, your post can be deleted. That doesn't help anyone.

2.) Give the most complete details that you can - "If I provision CCP2 and set the output as RB3, I don't get the output unless I set RB3 as an output on the port and then I get a pin conflict, but the code generated is correct. I'm using MPLAB IDE x.yz and VDI plug-in a.b.c.d." gets a lot more (and quicker) responses than "This thing stinks. You all stink. Boy, I'm having a bad day and it is all your fault!"wink We've all seen posts like that and we don't want to be unsympathetic, but there's really nothing there that we can do anything about, right?

3.) If you have a really urgent problem, go to support.microchip.com or your FAE. This forum is for non-urgent care. Sometimes your help will come from your peers and colleagues, sometimes it will come from a moderator or other Microchip employee. Posting here does not guarantee an answer, specifically not an answer from a Microchip employee, but you knew that, right?

Here's to a courteous, professional, spirited interchange about our favorite tool, the Visual Device Initializer!

jfd
< Message edited by DevMod -- Apr. 13, 2005 8:06:55 AM >

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5