• AVR Freaks

Hot!Changing parameters on SAMR34 Xplained for Brazilian LoRaWan.

Author
Vitor Vitalino
Electronic Engineer
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2021/03/05 05:38:31 (permalink)

Changing parameters on SAMR34 Xplained for Brazilian LoRaWan.

Hello Everyone,

For anyone who can help me. I'm trying to use SAMR34 Xplained in Brazilian LoRaWAN server, covered by ATC (American Tower). The problem is, they use specific parameters in their Lora network, as use only 8 of 64 channels (from 915.2 Mhz to 916.6 MHz with a 200 kHz bandwidth step for uplink) and more 8 the lasts channels (from 923.3 MHz to 927.3 MHz with a 500 kHz bandwidth step for downlink). And RX1 and RX2 delay of 5s and 6s, respectively.  

I don't found any documentation or example explaining how can I select these parameters. It isn't so trivial to discover in the LoRaWAN Mote Application from the example project of SAMR34. Can someone help me with this configuration? Documentations, videos, experiences and examples of SAMR34 in Brazilian ATC LoRa will be very welcome. 

I'm using SAMR34 Xplained in AU-915 MHz, activation OTAA with DR4, the keys and I'm inside the ATC LoRaWAN coverage area.

Kind regards!!
RISC
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Changing parameters on SAMR34 Xplained for Brazilian LoRaWan. 2021/03/05 08:38:27 (permalink)
Hi,
I think Microchip certifies by themselves various countries networks.
As you can see for RN2483 & RN2903 they are certified for many countries and I guess they have specific firmware depending on the country but it took many years...
SAMR34/R35 are quite recent and I guess at this time it covers FCC and "RED" (North america and Europe).
You should ask Microchip technical support if there is a plan for Brazil
Regards

For support make sure to check first here : http://microchipdeveloper.com
There are hundreds of PIC, AVR, SAM...which one do YOU use ?
Vitor Vitalino
Electronic Engineer
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Changing parameters on SAMR34 Xplained for Brazilian LoRaWan. 2021/03/08 05:49:08 (permalink)
5 (1)
Hello RISC,

I have tried to contact Microchip, they didn't send me a reply yet. But complementing your comment, in Brazil we have a configuration and a company (ATC: American Tower Company) that give us a lorawan signal coverage. In SAMR34 we can change some specifics parameters in Mote Application Example project in "src > thirdparty > wireless > lorawan > regparams > inc > lorawan_reg_params.h (line 35 - 55)". But I still searching how can I change and select some specifics channels of transmission. I'll study more.

Kind Regards
Jump to:
© 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5